“Bottomless Prosecco Afternoon Tea”
Review of Caffi Sio

Caffi Sio
Ranked #524 of 1,369 Restaurants in Cardiff
Price range: USD 4 - USD 13
Description: Artisan Cafe in the iconic Craft in the Bay building, supporting local producers and makers of foods and drinks. All profits go to the Chapter Arts Centre charity to support their Arts and Education program.
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We had an enjoyable day at Sio. We had the bottomless prosecco afternoon tea, a good selection of sandwiches, cake, coffee/tea and a smoothie and the prosecco really was bottomless for 2 hours! Great price too! Only issue were the scones were a little dry and we were in the same time as a couple of large parties which meant queuing for limited loo space. Apart from that the staff were friendly, attentive and couldn’t do enough for you and the location was lovely opposite the cardiff bay fountain and the millennium centre. We hope to come back again.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Visited here 2 days ago (20/09/17). The cafe is situated alongside the main road in the "Craft in the Bay" building but the front door is nestled behind the fountain. We sat outside as it was sunny and despite the proximity to the road, it was very pleasant with a nice airy view. Stopped in here for lunch. It was around 10.30 am and fairly quiet. The Staff were all very friendly and we asked for recommendations on the food for breakfast. The young lady said that they do not really do breakfast - however it does list breakfast on the board outside, above the door and it;s painted on the panels on the front side of the building (under the windows). We said "Okay, we'll have brunch", which is also listed. And lovely it was too.
We both had the Chorizo Hash which came topped with 2 poached eggs and was delicious (I will be stealing the recipe), and two Cappuccinos and two Americanos; also very nice. We would both definitely visit here again for "breakfastunch".

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We came upon this cafe by accident and were very impressed. A large range of hot drinks to choose from, lovely staff and very reasonable prices. My GF colleague was able to enjoy a fabulous brownie and the Key Lime Pie I had was amazing. If you want somewhere that's not a large chain brand and don't mind a (very short) walk away from Mermaid Quay, then definitely give Cafe Sio a visit.

Cometrider81, General Manager at Caffi Sio, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we have a very hard working team at Sio and feedback such as yours is a huge morale booster. We look forward to your future visits. Kind regards.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

What a lovely cafe. I went here for afternoon tea with a friend. We had unlimited prosecco afternoon tea, one was gluten free and the other standard.

Jakub our host was amazing. He explained what would happen. He was on spot and was the perfect host.

The food was home made and delicious.

Various Menus available - including a specific gluten free menu.

As a coeliac I don't feel like I was missing out eating here, my afternoon tea was amazing.

The bottomless prosecco really was bottomless and yes we took advantage (sorry caffi Sio) but what a truly amazing experience!

I highly recommend caffi Sio. We will be regulars here and I have already spread the word amongst friends and colleagues and lots will be coming to visit.

Keep up the good work

Thank you very much for your kind review, Jakub and the team are understandably delighted with your feedback. Kind regards.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I ordered my food but wasn't told there was a half hour wait. My food finally arrived 40 mins later but my tea had been completely forgotten about. The saving grace was the food. It was lovely but still not worth the price. Seems like the staff were overworked and needed some more help.

Cometrider81, General Manager at Caffi Sio, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Sio. We are delighted that you enjoyed the food, but there are also lessons to learn in terms of communication with our guests and minimising waiting times. Sio does get extremely busy at times and we'd like to apologise for not being able to serve you fast enough on this occasion. If you wish to discuss this further, please contact us at sio@chapter.org. Kind regards.