“Cooker out of action ”

20:00
Ranked #55 of 99 Restaurants in Caerphilly
Price range: USD 4 - USD 7
Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

Called in at 16:00hrs as having new cooker. Staff very busy and made us feel very welcome. Food to a good standard clean and warm.

Date of visit: February 2016
Write a reviewReviews (502)

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Took the whole family out for breakfast thismorning. It's cheap here for a breakfast so I wasn't expecting perfect. But it's local and convenient. We each collected our food from the self service area. My son complained that his food tasted sour and refused to eat. He is a fussy eater so I figured this was an excuse. I started on my scrambled egg and noticed it did not taste right it seemed to be powdered egg so pushed it to one side.My son continued complaining so i reached over to his plate to take a few items off it in an attempt to encourage him to eat a small ammount.As i lifted the top slice of bacon I was mortified, the slice of bacon underneath it was an awful green/grey colour!
I complained immediately to the manager who stated and i quote " I don't know how this happened, we "usually" sift though the bacon so this doesn't happen". She swiftly removed the evidence out of sight and offered a refund i took the refund and left making a point of warning every person on their way into the restaurant as we left.
On the way home a few things occurred to me.
Firstly why on earth do they "usually" need to sift through the bacon for rotten parts? Surely it means the whole batch is contaminated if they find a rotten slice! Secondly how many times have these people knowingly served rotten meat?!!

I recommend that you stay away from this restaurant. The food standards agency should close them down. This was an awful experience which could have been much worse had my child eaten the food!.

2  Thank C S
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

We visited today for lunch as we were on a day trip to Caerphilly. I was initially excited to see a Toby Carvery on our way into the town but then unfortunately looked on here. After much debate we finally decided to give it a go despite the poor reviews.
I had the carvery, service was fine though we were told there would be a wait if we wanted anything else.
I enjoyed my lunch, food was warm and the gravy was really good!
I have visited many Toby Carvery restaurants and this was ok, nothing special but definitely not as bad as the reviews sound...especially for £6!

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

The sliver of meat they put on my plate felt like some kind of joke, they must have run out of meat. It wasn't nice just salty. Don't know what that Veg was supposed to be?

Reviewed 12 February 2016

Very good food served with a smile. Good service and atmosphere. We all went for the carvery which was excellent.

Date of visit: December 2015