Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Bezzyj
Oliva, Spain

Not my usual experience of a Premier Inn

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
Very disappointed that my stay did not live up to precious stays in the same hotel chain. The lock on the bathroom door did not work and there was no privacy cover on the security peephole. Restaurant service was abysmal and we did not even get an apology when we complained. Would not stay at this hotel again and would not recommend it to anyone.
Date of stay: June 2024
    AU$288
5.5 km from Premier Inn Caerphilly Crossways Hotel
Pool
View more hotels in Caerphilly
All reviews brewers fayre next door usual standard air con value for money reception staff car park short stay clean rooms the pub couldn't do enough family room caerphilly town bed was very comfortable great night warm welcome lovely staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2024

We needed a one night stay in the area before moving on to stay with family. We chose this hotel as it was the cheapest one in the area, however the room was very tired & the plumbing in our room didn’t work properly. The bed was very comfortable & we had a good night’s sleep. The staff were pleasant enough, but not up to the usual standard we expect at Premier Inn.

Reviewed 5 June 2024

We just stayed overnight, decided to turn a business trip into a little bit of leisure time. Crossways was the perfect location - 30 min walk to Carephilly Castle, McDonalds right next door to hotel & a Brewers Fair on site so that was food & pleasure all taken care of!! The reception staff were very smiley, polite & friendly. Hotel was clean & quiet. Loads of on site parking. Perfect stay for a flying visit to Wales.

Date of stay: June 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2024

This hotel had a comfortable accessible room. We slept very well and enjoyed one of the best designed wet-room showers we have seen, everything worked. The staff at the hotel and associated restaurant were friendly and helpful. Self-service breakfasts were good, especially if you liked bacon and eggs and good coffee. Evening meals tended to be heavy in chips and fried or grilled foods.

Reviewed 1 June 2024

Comfortable bed, black out curtains and air con meant a good night's sleep. Staff were friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed 1 June 2024

I've been a loyal customer of Premier Inns for around 10 years. One of the features I’ve always appreciated is the sofa bed in the room. It's been useful not only as extra seating but also for placing and opening my suitcase.
Typically, when I travel for business with a colleague, we use the sofa bed in the evenings to relax, watch TV, and have a few drinks together. However, during my recent stay on Thursday, 30th May 2024, at the Premier Inn in Caerphilly Crossways, I was disappointed to find no sofa bed in my room. Just two weeks prior, I stayed in the same hotel, in the same standard double room, and it did have a sofa bed.
I spoke to the receptionist, explaining that we needed the sofa bed for our evening socializing. He informed me that sofa beds are only available in triple and family rooms. This explanation seemed inconsistent with my previous experiences at Premier Inns, where I've always had a sofa bed regardless of the room type. I requested an additional chair, which he managed to procure from an unoccupied room, but it wasn’t as comfortable as the sofa bed would have been.
Interestingly, my colleague's room also lacked a sofa bed, and we could see marks on the wall indicating where the sofa bed had once been.
The next day, I reiterated my complaint to the same receptionist, citing my decade-long history with Premier Inns, during which I’ve always found a sofa bed in every type of room, including single and double. He repeated the same explanation about sofa beds only being in family or triple rooms without offering any further clarification.
This experience was puzzling, especially since just two weeks before, the same hotel provided rooms with sofa beds. The visible marks on the walls where the sofa beds used to be added to my confusion. Why has Premier Inn removed such a useful feature? It’s disappointing to see this change, and it affects the comfort and convenience I've come to expect from Premier Inn.

So not happy so it only gets 3 stars from me.

Room tip: Be warned you might not have a sofa bed in your room anymore!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business