All reviews official opening lovely couple cooked breakfast front of the house the snowdon ranger path new owners variety of cereals great hosts house keeping yr wyddfa wanted somewhere full english lovely breakfast bed was very comfortable friendly owners location is fantastic feel very welcome
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Always biased as have stayed here since 2009 when a VIP for the Hafod Eryri Official Opening in June the same year.

Not aware of new owners until a phone call from Trevor (and Jane) two days previous. No concerns same excellent clean rooms and exceptional breakfast(s). Even got back for one from climbing Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa) to see the sunrise.

Friendly, warm, clean, tidy and great hosts - and new Cat "Megan" to get to know!!

New Owners Since June 2017

Room Tip: Ask then when you call Jane or Trevor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul G
erwfair, Owner at Erw Fair Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for your kind review. It was lovely to meet you and your family and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This was an impromptu stay for two nights following a washed out solo camping trip on a budget leaving me in Llanberis and in need of a room for the same night and the next. They only had a twin room available and right at initial contact the host (Trevor it turns out) gave helpful advice, against his own interests, where I might find a single room elsewhere and therefore maybe cheaper. (Only maybe). It was to no avail so I booked in. What a result it turned out to be!
I was shown to my room immediately even though it was only 1pm. It was en-suite and very clean and comfortable. Ideal. Trevor straight away asked if I had any clothes which needed drying - which of course I did - and a sleeping bag!
As per a previous comment the breakfast array is stunning and the hosts so, so keen to ensure your stay is a treat.
But Trevor and Jane really came in to their own after I badly twisted my ankle whilst out walking, rendering me virtually immobile. On checking out I asked if I might stay on in the lounge for a couple of hours. I was confident they would say yes based on my experience of the previous day and a half - but again they exceeded wildest expectations - bringing me tea, checking I was comfortable and asking if they could do any more for me. They are so kind they actually apologised to me for not being able to let me stay in my room, but they had to prepare for the next guests.
A truly heart-warming experience - superb location, great guesthouse and absolutely outstanding hosts. Yes, I very strongly recommend this guest house - with or without a twisted ankle!

Room Tip: Just ask the hosts. So genuine and honest I would trust them explicitly to tell me the pros and cons of any of their rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Phil_H1964
erwfair, Owner at Erw Fair Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

I have never seen a sleeping bag so wet before, it looked as if it had been in the washing machine and the spin cycle had failed. We were pleased that we could help, Trevor and Jane.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I loved this place! Very clean, cozy, and the Breakfast is amazing! The service is very, very good! The room wasn't so big, but it was enough to stay a weekend. Excellent shower! We will come back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 7 August 2017

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and it was lovely to meet you both!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Hosts were very accommodating, there is everything you need for a comfortable stay. Location is fantastic, so much to do and this guest house is right in the middle of the village opposite the beautiful lake. Would highly recommend staying here, will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 July 2017

Thank you for your recommendation, Jane & Trevor.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Room was fairly decent. But the hosts were amazing. So for the price, it's best hotel. Nice area and surroundings and hotel is close to museums, lake, restaurants and mountains. I enjoyed the stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 17 July 2017

Thank you for your lovely comments. I am planning to refurbish over the winter, so next year the rooms will be of a better quality. Jane.
PS: Most of the bathrooms will be ripped out and refitted but this may take a couple of winters due to the speed my husband works.