All reviews quirky hotel family hotel rooms are small home cooked friendly hosts the ritz climbing snowdon both nights nice stay bit dated hotel is situated min walk full english plenty of parking mike snowdonia base
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Hosts very friendly and accommodating location is perfect for Snowdon and Zip World and a host of other things to do in the area. Bar are and sitting area very comfortable and homely. Breakfast perfect and good VFM , evening meals hearty again good VFM. Sadly they are the only good points rooms and upstairs very very very tired and worn out felt grubby I suspect it was clean just the decor beds carpets etc need upgrading some 20 years ago.

However a perfect spot

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2018

sorry people this place needs money spent on it. the stairs are so narrow its a job to get your case up and down, the room we was is so dated and the on suit is not up to much and the lake views are restricted by high tree lines.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 15 July 2018

This is the first time I have ever written a review but on arrival after a five hour drive I was so disappointed with the condition of the room that I would have slept in the car if we hadn’t found another hotel.
You could see from the outside of the hotel that it was in need of some attention. After being shown our room up a flight of narrow steep stairs, I could not believe they are charging £90 a night. Dirty carpets, walls and ceiling. The shower was similar to one you find in a caravan, and in a tiny dirty bathroom.
Fortunately we managed to find another hotel so the weekend was not ruined but we did land up paying for two hotels.
I was very reluctant to pay anything as I felt the room and hotel was not up to even a basic standard. I did suggest that it was in need of refurbishment and the owner agreed but still still wanted his money.
I’m afraid I would not recommend this hotel, I doubt the other rooms were any better but we were given room 4.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2018

This hotel has been given just two stars by the tourist board. I have given just one more due to the warm welcome and lovely owner. I HATE giving poor reviews, but it needs Alex Polizzi badly.

The welcome was warm, and we were showed to our room which was up some VERY steep stairs! I have long legs and could feel it. My partner is only 5'2" and it was steep! The bedroom is small and needs sorting and redecorating.

The bed has a sprung mattress. It must have as I could feel the springs all night. The bathroom is tiny and very narrow. Now for the 'pro's'. The landlord, Mike, is a lovely guy and we found he was originally from our city.

The bar was reasonably priced, and the continental breakfast in the morning was plenty. (The coffee was some of the best I have ever drunk). They charge £3.95 for a full cooked if you want it. The restaurant has five stars from the food safety and a great menu.

Despite being named 'Lake View' there is not really a view of Lake Llanberis. Drive a couple of miles further on for that lovely view.

Room Tip: If you have difficulties with mobility check before booking.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights when we climbed Snowdon. The owners are really friendly - nothing was too much trouble, the food was lovely and we highly recommend the Welsh Lamb Steak, room lovely especially the Four Poster Bed with a lake view. Will certainly return next year.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple