All reviews family hotel rooms are small home cooked friendly hosts the ritz both nights nice stay bit dated hotel is situated full english climb snowdon plenty of parking mike snowdonia base makeover kettle
Reviewed 6 December 2016

OK, I will start by saying some of the reviews have been a little unfair. If you want a 5 star luxury hotel then go & find one! Lake View is a 2 star, we had a very warm welcome from the owners. Sadly our stay was in connection with a funeral so our trip was shadowed by sad thoughts. However I like to right fair reviews, we ate Friday night, I had a curry & my partner had a steak, both were excellent! The two breakfast we had Sat/Sun were equally as good. The rooms were adequate, some may say a little dated but I slept very well. All in all not a bad experience at all and I would most definitely consider staying here again in the future. There is free car parking outside, Llanberis is about a 10 min walk if you choose to go by foot. There is also a bar on site where we enjoyed a few beers each evening prior to retiring.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Reading the reviews on this site and after a superb weekend in Snowdonia, we feel they're a bit harsh. Firstly, you get what you pay for, the room was a bargain and a perfect stop over for one night after climbing Snowdon. Yes the hotel is dated, quirky, in need of refreshing but the bottom line is: the location is stunning, the room was clean warm and cosy, the owners could not have been more friendly (including Molly the black lab)and the evening meal and breakfast was absolutely excellent. If anything, the quirkiness of this hotel made it more appealing to myself and partner. It reminded me of staying at my grandmother's house when I was a kid! Lovely little lounge area with an assortment of books, games and playing cards, small narrow staircase up to our room, creaking floorboards, a real nostalgic trip! Just go with an open mind, stop expecting the Hilton Hotel for this price and you will love it just as we did!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2016

To be honest after reading some reviews on here i was expecting the worst, but the owners were a charming and helpful couple who couldn't do enough for you. The hotel is in a very old building, so not much can be done as regards some of the features, low ceilings and small doors etc, but it does need a touch up as regards paint work etc, although i guess this is a tough job as the hotel always seems full, so you would have to do one room at a time. That said, i'd been out climbing Snowdon, not going out for a 5 star meal, so i wasn't in a great state myself.

Room Tip: Room 1 has a decent view, but has an odd layout, but it does what it needs
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Most things about this hotel have been said already - quirky, basic, needs updating, friendly staff- all true. The building is very old & quirky but in desperate need of updating especially the bedrooms & bathrooms. Despite the three quarter size bed & the noise from next doors bathroom extractor fan we did manage to get a good night's sleep. Breakfast was good but we did begrudge having to pay extra for the full monty especially as the hotel is overpriced anyway. Other members of our family were staying at another hotel in Llanberis- this was fully booked so we couldn't all stay together-they paid less than we did & their hotel was 5 star compared to the 2/3 stars I would give Lake View. To summarise £190 for 2 nights b&b at Lake View is far too much for the standard of accommodation on offer - and we never even saw the lake!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel is on a main road ( not that busy ) , easy to find & only a mile from the centre.
Our room overlooked the lake & hills. The accommodation is clean, staff are friendly, food is excellent. The hotel could do with up dating but this did not spoil our stay there. Would visit again if visiting that area.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple