All reviews tower block quirky hotel menu is extensive spa bath low ceilings coaching house shepherds pie lamb wellington character and charm busy road four poster bed mussels both nights fabulous food trout limited parking lovely atmosphere
Reviewed 20 December 2018

This bonny building caught our attention as we drove back to our holiday cottage in the late afternoon so we stopped to check out the food. Inside the rooms are a cosy traditional style. We had a nice welcome and food was good. We were glad that we had stopped.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2018 via mobile

Lost count of the amazing meals we’ve had here over the last few years. Can honestly say we now book a break in the area just to dine at Ty Gwyn!
Dined at 7pm and the restaurant was really busy, nicely decorated with Christmas crackers and mulled wine plus their gorgeous extensive menu. Service was great and not much waiting around in between courses it to place initial orders. Wine menu was great and reasonably priced. We chose a main and dessert and once again all excelled. Tower Block was perfection and Shepherd’s Pie was amazing.....no minced lamb here!!! All chunks of tender Welsh lamb. Served with a good choice of veg such as red cabbage with apple, winter greens and carrots and cauliflower. Portion size was amazing. Did manage to try a dessert but the cheese board (for one) was tooo much.....fabulous selection and very tasty but just too large!
Value for money, tasty food and amazing large menu makes this place irresistible....we will be back soon. Thanks Martin and his team

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 4 December 2018 via mobile

Had a cold shock at the last accommodation so booked this inn and I'm glad I did staff could not be better and the food was well above what I expected and to top it all they had a real ale which I just had to try. Will stay again..

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed 18 November 2018

We have been visiting the Ty Gwyn for about 32 years now, had a great day in Beywys today walking with the dog, I booked an early table for 6pm for dinner. It is advisable to book as it gets very busy and this was Saturday night. Rating Excellent . Nothing had changed at all, the cosy bar with odd chairs , I curled up in front of the log burner and could have fallen asleep. The only thing that had changed was no dogs which had been allowed before, new policy.
The Menu is quite large and I did wonder how so many dishes could be prepared freshly ...never fear, my shepherds pie was beautiful the lamb succulent and all local. Fresh vegetables cabbage , beans carrots and beetroot, just delicious. My husband had deep fried fish basket and said it was delicious , came with sweet potato fries. After a Damson crumble with pips and ice cream in a spun sugar basket . All very professional, lovely and comforting dessert.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

I’m into my history so visiting a 16th inn was right up my alley. And it’s still an inn not a pub! Amazing building, great food and ambiance. Chef needs to be wrapped up in cotton wool and told there’s no life outside Betws-y-coed! That’s a compliment by the way! Oh and radio 011 as background music - 50s and 60s. Perfect. No more to say. Good night.

Date of stay: November 2018