All reviews goat twin room nice meal an update pleasant hotel lamb top floor some tlc lick of paint cooked breakfast non residents overnight stay family room breakfast room hotel is situated ate here lovely location
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights in September when we walked up Snowdon. The staff, particularly the lady on reception when we arrived could not have been more helpful. Nothing was an issue and when we said that we were leaving early, to get to Snowdon early, and would miss breakfast they were happy to put together a packed lunch/breakfast, which was delicious and just what we needed to replenish ourselves after the walk. The room was lovely, had everything we could need and the bed was comfy. Lovely modern bathroom. A good selection of gins in the bar and enjoyed a nice meal, and breakfast there. Would definitely recommend staying here, especially if you are walking up Snowdon, only a 15 drive away.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here after a few nights at Pen Y Pass YHA following a walk up Snowdon via the Pyg and Miners Track.

A 20 minute drive from these paths up Snowdon. We had such a warm and friendly welcome on arrival. The staff here are great- from reception to bar and restaurant and breakfast. Yes the rooms are a bit tired but I guess this is about expectations- this is a hotel in a lovely village in Snowdonia and great value ( we booked through ebookers) so we didn't expect modern and flash- we just expected a nice warm room, with a bath (oooohhhh a bath!), good food and a decent nights sleep. On that front it exceeded all expectations.

We ate here on one night - I had steak which was absolutely beautiful- my partner had Thai Chicken Curry which was really delicious. Breakfast was absolutely outstanding. Great quality meats and a good choice of fruit, cereal, yoghurt, bread, croissants....... for the price we paid this was an absolute steal.

Fantastic staff, great service and excellent food. Thanks,

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Just stayed for a few nights. Very happy to stay at such a dog friendly hotel! Yes, agree the rooms are a little ‘tired’ but they were perfectly clean and quite adequate for our needs. The restaurant was very nice, clearly more updated than the rooms.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We have spent four nights at this lovely hotel. The room we had was very comfortable, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This lovely hotel is in a listed building and needs a little TLC, but the staff are wonderful and the food and service superb. Thank you all for a restful, relaxing stay. Definitely will be back.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2018

After Visiting Snowdon, we stopped on the way home for lunch. The menu was o.k. My partner is a bit of a veggie so this can be tricky (I'll eat ANYTHING). She had Thai green veg curry which was very nice but slightly sickly. I chose the sirloin steak but expected it to be the same as many, many others I've had - for some reason I'm usually disappointed due to it being dry, tasteless or poor quality, so my expectations were set low. I was completely and utterly wrong, this is undoubtedly one of the BEST steaks that I have ever had (and I've had thousands).

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple