All reviews goat coach party twin room an update pleasant hotel nice meal lamb top floor some tlc cooked breakfast evening meal non residents overnight stay family room varied menu tea and coffee facilities breakfast room
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I made a last minute booking here after a medical emergency forced me to cancel my walk across Snowdonia. Zoe was super helpful in allowing me to check-in early and then moving me to a quieter room when it became available. Yes the interior is a bit tired and dated but the rooms are clean and the hotel has a lot of charm. Moreover, all the staff, especially Zoe, are very welcoming and exceptionally helpful. I ate in the restaurant and really enjoyed my meal which was very tasty and reasonably priced. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to spend some time in a picturesque location in the heart of Snowdonia.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We had a lovely three night stay here, The breakfasts were excellent, we dined in the the restaurant for one evening and that was also very good. The staff were very helpful and worked extremely hard through out the hotel. Rooms are dated and in need of a re-vamp but our room was spacious and clean with good hot water and wifi. It was a laso a great base with the dog as Beddgelet offers lovely walks from the village and plenty of pubs, tea shops, cafes.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Just stayed at The Royal Goat hotel for 2 nights whilst we walked up Mount Snowdon. Originally we booked the family room (myself, my husband and daughter) for 1 night as we had intended to only stay 1 night but the night before we arrived decided to extend our stay. Unfortunately we were told the 2nd night we would have to vacate into a smaller double room and they'd put up a camp bed. This worked out very well and we were pleased / relieved they could accommodate us at the last minute. We had read the reviews and were slightly apprehensive on arrival as some reviews are very good and some not so! I agree the bedrooms do look a little tired and could do with a lick of paint and updated furniture (in the family room especially) and new windows wouldn't go amiss however what it lacks in finesse it more than makes up for in cleanliness and how friendly the staff are. Nothing is too much for the amazing staff! Both our rooms were clean, and the guy at the reception had organised for our bags to be moved from one room to the other as we were busy walking up Snowdon. Also for those wanting to go to Pen Y Pass for the start of your walk up Snowdon take the bus directly outside the hotel, it's £2 each way which is cheaper than the £10 parking fee at Pen Y Pass and that's if you are lucky enough to find a space past 9am. Again the receptionist recommended this and printed off the bus timetable for us which was very helpful. Great breakfast at the hotel, good menu and arrives in a timely manner, again with very friendly staff. We ate well and slept well at this hotel and would recommend it, stunning views across the fields from every window of the hotel and free parking available. What's not to like here?

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank anonSG2121
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

After reading reviews on this hotel I was a little concerned about our trip. However! although I agree that the hotel is a tad tired and needs a major overhaul it had a great deal of character, charm and outstanding staff. We went with our granddaughter and the team were so warm and kind to her, especially Zoe, and this made her trip. I understand that the owners of the Royal Goat also own the impressive Saracens Head and the intention is to bring the hotel decor up to those standards which would make it fantastic. The bar and breakfast were great and the cleanliness was good. One point to note is that the village only serve food until about 8pm and we had 2 lovely meals out (the best at the Saracens Head) and a disastrous night (unfortunately on our wedding anniversary) at a local cafe/restaurant where we had to send back our meal and then were too late to book an alternative restaurant. We then went to the Prince Llewelyn for a drink and had a dreadful experience there with the aggressive landlords - do not visit this pub as the other pubs are welcoming and professional and do not use bad language and show confrontational behaviour in front of young children. I work in London a great deal and stay in very prestigious hotels and found the Royal Goat a warm and welcome change!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank janekcarter
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Quiet and relaxing lunchtime drink but subdued compared to the other busier pubs and restaurants in Beddgelert, which there are only 3 or 4 others. Am sure we just caught it on a quiet day the staff we met were friendly and welcoming.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family