All reviews goat nice meal twin room an update pleasant hotel top floor lamb some tlc non residents cooked breakfast overnight stay family room new owners breakfast room hotel is situated ate here lovely location
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Just stayed at The Royal Goat hotel for 2 nights whilst we walked up Mount Snowdon. Originally we booked the family room (myself, my husband and daughter) for 1 night as we had intended to only stay 1 night but the night before we arrived decided to extend our stay. Unfortunately we were told the 2nd night we would have to vacate into a smaller double room and they'd put up a camp bed. This worked out very well and we were pleased / relieved they could accommodate us at the last minute. We had read the reviews and were slightly apprehensive on arrival as some reviews are very good and some not so! I agree the bedrooms do look a little tired and could do with a lick of paint and updated furniture (in the family room especially) and new windows wouldn't go amiss however what it lacks in finesse it more than makes up for in cleanliness and how friendly the staff are. Nothing is too much for the amazing staff! Both our rooms were clean, and the guy at the reception had organised for our bags to be moved from one room to the other as we were busy walking up Snowdon. Also for those wanting to go to Pen Y Pass for the start of your walk up Snowdon take the bus directly outside the hotel, it's £2 each way which is cheaper than the £10 parking fee at Pen Y Pass and that's if you are lucky enough to find a space past 9am. Again the receptionist recommended this and printed off the bus timetable for us which was very helpful. Great breakfast at the hotel, good menu and arrives in a timely manner, again with very friendly staff. We ate well and slept well at this hotel and would recommend it, stunning views across the fields from every window of the hotel and free parking available. What's not to like here?

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank anonSG2121
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

After reading reviews on this hotel I was a little concerned about our trip. However! although I agree that the hotel is a tad tired and needs a major overhaul it had a great deal of character, charm and outstanding staff. We went with our granddaughter and the team were so warm and kind to her, especially Zoe, and this made her trip. I understand that the owners of the Royal Goat also own the impressive Saracens Head and the intention is to bring the hotel decor up to those standards which would make it fantastic. The bar and breakfast were great and the cleanliness was good. One point to note is that the village only serve food until about 8pm and we had 2 lovely meals out (the best at the Saracens Head) and a disastrous night (unfortunately on our wedding anniversary) at a local cafe/restaurant where we had to send back our meal and then were too late to book an alternative restaurant. We then went to the Prince Llewelyn for a drink and had a dreadful experience there with the aggressive landlords - do not visit this pub as the other pubs are welcoming and professional and do not use bad language and show confrontational behaviour in front of young children. I work in London a great deal and stay in very prestigious hotels and found the Royal Goat a warm and welcome change!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank janekcarter
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Quiet and relaxing lunchtime drink but subdued compared to the other busier pubs and restaurants in Beddgelert, which there are only 3 or 4 others. Am sure we just caught it on a quiet day the staff we met were friendly and welcoming.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

What a stunning setting with stunning views and a wonderful hotel. Great welcome from friendly staff and what a fantastic room. Breakfast was good with a variety of choices. We enjoyed our stay very much. I guarantee we will be back...Thank you

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Arwel R
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Booked 2 nights after having been diagnosed with a heart condition and Beddgelert is our special place to relax. Arrived to find lift out of order, so I said to myhusband "that's poor that they couldn't have let us know". Manageress took exception to this private conversation and was very rude and unprofessional. I had asked for low floor room due to my angina, but our room was top floor. Asked to be moved so got room with broken window, overlooking flat roof where the staff sat outside our window smoking. Asked about another room or possibility of changing to Saracens Head (sister hotel) which I knew had vacancy, but was told I couldn't unless I paid again for our second night as they couldn't switch us over?!?! After breakfast the first morning we left as I was so upset at her reaction. No refund available......just very poor customer service. I know I was fragile but Beddgelert is now is marred by our experience at The Goat. Booking ref.BK001823