All reviews goat twin room nice meal an update pleasant hotel lamb top floor some tlc lick of paint cooked breakfast non residents overnight stay family room breakfast room hotel is situated ate here lovely location
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

What a stunning setting with stunning views and a wonderful hotel. Great welcome from friendly staff and what a fantastic room. Breakfast was good with a variety of choices. We enjoyed our stay very much. I guarantee we will be back...Thank you

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Arwel R
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Booked 2 nights after having been diagnosed with a heart condition and Beddgelert is our special place to relax. Arrived to find lift out of order, so I said to myhusband "that's poor that they couldn't have let us know". Manageress took exception to this private conversation and was very rude and unprofessional. I had asked for low floor room due to my angina, but our room was top floor. Asked to be moved so got room with broken window, overlooking flat roof where the staff sat outside our window smoking. Asked about another room or possibility of changing to Saracens Head (sister hotel) which I knew had vacancy, but was told I couldn't unless I paid again for our second night as they couldn't switch us over?!?! After breakfast the first morning we left as I was so upset at her reaction. No refund available......just very poor customer service. I know I was fragile but Beddgelert is now is marred by our experience at The Goat. Booking ref.BK001823

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Having read some awful reviews after I had already booked two rooms I was concerned to say the least at what I would find on arrival. We arrived later than planned at 6.15pm and waited 5 to 10 minutes to be seen at Reception as the desk was empty. I looked around and woukd describe the decor as oldy worldly clean and fresh smelling. When seen we were quickly booked in and all of our questions for the hotel and areas to visit were answered. We took the stairs to our rooms which were both of a good size clean and fresh smelling. We dined in the hotel rather than go out to a local pub. Not a huge choice on the menu but enough to pick something we liked. The food was well prepared and tasty. The staff service was faultless. We had a good night's sleep and awoke refreshed. Breakfast was absolutely lovely. Small areas of the hotel could do with some painting, some wallpaper repairs and the odd bit of mastic sealant but these minor issues did not deter from the overall positives. One final point in response to a photo i viewed of a ripped arm on a chesterfield style settee in the lounge... it is there and should be repaired but was nevertheless very comfortable to sit on. There was no evidence of dirty carpets in this area which was also highlighted in the photo. Thank you to the staff for their welcome and looking after us during our short but very enjoyable visit to The Royal Goat Hotel Beddgelert and Snowdon.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank David J
Reviewed 15 August 2018

I booked this hotel as it is close enough to Snowdonia railway where the little train takes you to the summit of Snowdon. We were very impressed with this old fashioned hotel which has kept its charm and where everything exceeded our expectations. What struck me was how low key it is. The man at reception was very helpful and polite. The rooms upstairs were very clean and comfortable. The restaurant was excellent in every respect. All three courses were outstanding and nothing was left undone to make our visit very memorable. The hotel is in the very pretty village of Beddgelert which in itself is well worth a visit.

After leaving and two days later the hotel were very kind and found some property that I had left. I cannot thank them enough for their help and for the great visit we had.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank KateU7684AG
Reviewed 12 August 2018

My wife ,my 9 year old grandson and I ,stayed for 2 nights at the Goat as a base for climbing Snowdon. Had room No 10-family room completely satisfactory with all facilities and comfortable beds. Breakfast excellent, dinners on both nights good but not outstanding. My wife was a little disappointed at the Curry choice. We were not offered any bread at the start of the meal and staff whilst very polite and helpful had obviously received only a limited amount of training. The wine was placed unopened(screw top) on the table to be opened my me! No question as to whether the wine was acceptable. Puddings on the whole all a bit bland and their was a very poor selection of cheese on the Welsh Cheeseboard choice. So would we stay again-yes. The venue in Beddgelert a pretty well kept village is an ideal base for Snowdon. Some of the reviews have I believe overstated the unsatisfactory comments. This is a traditional old and very pleasant hotel and not too expensive. Attention to detail in the dinning room and food choices would have enhanced our stay. Finally there is a very good child menu and staff were willing to mix/match for my rather fussy eating grandson. Thank You.

Stayed: August 2018