“great place”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

piggle
Preston
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 5 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Let me start my saying i typically don't really write reviews, certainly ones they may cause upset. However, on this occasion i don't want anyone else to be mislead by this property or the rating that Sykes Cottages has awarded this property.

Whilst this property is set in lovely surroundings, the overall cleanliness of the property was far from 4 'ticks'.
I say that because:
We truly believe the hot tub had not been drained and cleaned properly prior to our arrival (although the owner has since stated that the 'film and foam' present before even stepping in could be down to the hardening agent). In my own previous experiences of hot tub breaks I have never ever seen a hot tub (that had not been used) with a collection of white foam or greasy film to the surface.

In the kitchen there were crumbs in cutlery draws, left over tea bags in mouldy wooden containers, sticky left over spillage marks in one particular cupboard. The extractor fan, wall tiles and bin appeared to be unclean.

Whilst the bedrooms were a little dusty the bedding was clean and presented well. However after my mum sat on a dressing table stool that literally collapsed after 1 second I'd suggest that all furniture is checked for health and safety.
I have to add, that this incident was reported to the owner straight away and she was genuinely sorry for this. It wasn't replaced straight away as our stay was only for 2 nights and 1 day.

If anyone would like to see picture evidence to substantiate my comments above. Please feel free to ask. I have shared these with Sykes who i believe has shared with the owner so I have nothing to hide.

I really just want anyone looking to book this property to be be aware of our experience. You can then make an 'informed' opinion before booking.

This review is based on my own personal experience, its is not meant to cause offence. Its is based on true facts (of which i have picture evidence) and as a matter of public interest.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Paul P
Swanscombe, United Kingdom
“great place”
Reviewed 17 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

it was clean and tidy it had all the amenities the hot tub was in excerlent order and was easy to use it was in a nice place right by a stream

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
18 Sep 2016
It is great to hear you enjoyed Ysgubor and all the facilities on offer there, and we hope you return for another stay soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing