All reviews luxury room the river decking area ceiling fan steam room sunday carvery cooked breakfast lovely hotel course meal spa facilities bar food last minute booking wedding party group of friends fantastic views two night stay beautiful location
Reviewed 17 September 2017

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was very good with quick service. Room was clean. Wonderful location overlooking the river. Hotel could do with a bit of a refresh but no complaints from me.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
White_Waters1, Front Office Manager at White Waters Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for reviewing White Waters Hotel.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here and found the staff helpful & friendly.

As mentioned previously this is the time when we can get to work on any areas that need attention as and when possible but I am pleased that nothing spoilt your stay.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Back in the day I can assume this place was stunning
It's a lovely spot , right on the river , needs a bit of updating, but a nice stay , would recommend
only 1 bad point for me , carpets in bathrooms , always make wary of hygiene & spillages

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
White_Waters1, Front Office Manager at White Waters Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thank you for your review on the hotel.

I am pleased you would recommend the hotel and that that you enjoyed your stay. The carpet is only in a couple of bathrooms but it is very new and I can assure you that they are kept very clean. As mentioned in previous reviews there is ongoing work around the hotel and now the peak season is drawing to an end this is the time when the redecoration can go ahead and any maintenance issues can be addressed.

Thank you very much for your feedback and I do hope you will return.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Bar food of acceptable standard, similar with room but I stayed in room 207 (I think?) and it was obviously directly above the swimming pool. As a result there was a chlorine smell that was a bit off putting. Room was equipped with an overhead room fan but even with window open and fan on it was a bit like sleeping in a sauna! There appeared to be little insulation between roof of pool/spa and floor of room - this meant it was very warm all night. If snow falling or icy then I'm sure it might be viewed as cosy but at the tail end of August it was a bit much for me
On a more positive note friendly staff and even a parrot at reception.....

Room Tip: Try to avoid above pool/spa
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

I am sorry to read that you could smell the pool which you really shouldn't have been able to but I think possibly with it being warm and the window open that could be the reason, however thank you for letting us know and I will investigate the complaint further.

I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and met our resident parrot "Ronnie" who has a little fan club of his own!

I do hope you will consider returning and thank you for your feedback which I assure you we will act upon.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I have been coming to the White Waters hotel for many years now, and i have never had anything but great service, great food and great surroundings. if the weather is good sitting outside is a real treat with the view down the river Dee. The welcome is always friendly, it is a great place to visit

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review on White Waters Hotel.

It is lovely that having been a regular customer for many years you appreciate your visits here and have taken the time to place a review to inform other travellers.

Thank you very much for your continued visits and your support is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I stayed in room 209, one floor up, and travelled there in the most vocal computerised lift I have ever travelled in (Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy comes to mind), for one floor (Optional stairs are available for a more quiet life).

Superb service, nothing is too much hard work for all the staff (well done guys and galls).
Superb views !
Superb clean rooms, as they should be !
A bargain if you can find a room to book !
A superb place to take your girlfriend or your wife, for a short break, honest guys, this is the place to impress for a day or two!
I cant find words to impress how good this place is, and it’s a real hidden gem, like how many rooms do you leave the window open, so you can hear the noise of the river flowing by ?

The staff are real USA service, which you wont find very often in our country.

The beers are good, food is very well cooked. I ordered a chicken curry, being an avid b’ham balti expert, i wasn’t expecting much, but i have to give it 10:10 well done again people !

Rooms are incredibly clean, (why should we find this difficult in the UK?) modern, no clutter, big soft towels, and even a 70’s touch of a trouser press in my room, not sure i should give my expensive jeans a going over though, white lines dont impress !

I was on my own, away for a couple days fishing. I asked if i could eat my food in my room, the answer was not only yes, but we’ll deliver it to your room as well (I hate eating in a restuarant by myself) I also bought a bottle of wine, and took that upstairs as well, I was presented with a bottl and a glass on request, well done that man !

I am struggling to see anything to complain about, so im gunna be really picky. The info folder in the room was torn, the tea bags should be yorkshire tea bags, the TV was too small (12”) , there is a fitting on the wall over the TV, that used to be a light that illuminated a picture, the picture has gone, this light fitting needs to be nuked as well, and i have just realised, there are no pictures in the room, perhaps a couple of pictures of the local river would go down well, if people nick em, your doing the right thing (print your hotel name on the pic), that’s it ! Never have i found less to complain about, about a hotel, yes this is a hotel, not a pub with rooms !

If your thinking about a weekend away with your girlfriend, or just a weekend away with your existing wife, then this is the place ! There is plenty to do around here, if you like views, a bit of a walk, perhaps a short steam train journey, a bit of old fashioned shopping for not allot, but it all revolves around where your going to end up at the end of the day ! This is the place !

Ill be back ! (Arni)

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Andrew S

Thank you for your review on White Waters Hotel.

Well what can I say but a big thank you for your wonderful review and kind words regarding staff which will be a huge moral booster for all.

Your detailed review will give a great insight to future guests whom I am sure will find very helpful.

I do hope you will return in the future and your feedback is very much appreciated.