All reviewswine barcontinental breakfastcourtyard cottagesmall decanter of portexcellent winegroupon vouchercar parkold buildingcomfortable bedshigh streettop flooron arrivalone night stayenjoyable staycentral locationfull englishwarm welcome
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Wanted a nice meal and wine for our last day and found gales which we booked. Seen on TripAdvisor good reports. Went and it was the most gorgeous meal/ small plates which made it better. Ribs you will not get better a must. Chef Jack came and told us about menu. Latest techniques cooking. Wine plenty. If in llangollen it's a must try. Best in town

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here this weekend for a 40th birthday gift.
The staff are very welcoming and helped us out tremendously
We had a fab stay and would definitely stay here again
But also all the staff who were very accommodating

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018

We went there in January for a weekend. The room was very nice and quirky. Complimentary small carafe of wine included. Room was specious and comfortable, but the only downside was that you could not control the radiators in the room, we woke up in the middle of the night sweaty and thirsty and had to open a window (despite of cold January).
Hotel is in prime location of Llangollen, all major points of interest are within walking distance.
There's a small private car park on site.
Even if you're not staying the this hotel, I would strongly recommend eating in their restaurant; it was absolutely brilliant! Food was delicious, made from fresh ingredients, great customer service, very interesting menu. They also offer a good selection of wine.
We ate breakfast there too wich again was very good.
I can recommend this hotel and don't miss out on eating in the restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Well positioned in centre of town. Tight parking but my Sharan still got through.
Old building in narrow road with other restaurants/bars, sqeaky floors and little soundproofing so ear plugs necessary. However comfortable bed, spacious room and lots of character.and we enjoyed three nights here. Continental but more than adequate breakfast set out in the adjacent wine bar. Also see my review on the wine bar food.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2018

I booked 21 Church Street as it was my mother in law 81st birthday and she was very excited to go. When we arrived we went to book in at Gales Hotel as the cottage belonged to them. This wasn't an issue at all and we were quickly booked in. I then asked for the parking permit only to get told there were none available for parking outside or near the cottage and they only had parking permits for the next street which was down by the hotel. I was very annoyed with this as my mother in law could not walk far. I was then told they can get passes but it will be around an hour and they expected us to wait. I went to the cottage and took everything in so that my Mother in law could get comfortable. Myself and my wife had to then sit with the car in case a warden came by as the neighbour's warned us they turn up at anytime. We eventually got the pass but was only given enough passes for Friday, Saturday and Sunday not for Monday, so i had to write over one of the passes so we could leave the car there until we left.
The cottage it self was very quaint and the bedrooms were clean. Bathrooms were ok but the mould in the showers need to be sorted out. The owners need to talk to the cleaners as there were cobwebs everywhere. They were around the doors on the stairs, hanging from the ceiling, plus in the conservatory the lights were filthy along with the wall and cobwebs on the legs of the table and roof of the conservatory, plus bits of food on the chairs to the dining table.
Next we went into the garden as the weather was lovely and we had to clean it up first as it was filthy, the chairs had to be washed, the parasol was left lying on the floor and was in terrible condition. I had to pick up bits of the fencing and sweep up. I then noticed the outside of the conservatory and it was black and required a good clean. We were not happy about this.
Next there was no Wi-Fi and i needed to do work. We got in touch with Gales and asked what the code was only to be told that a previous occupant had messed with the Wi-Fi code a while ago. No one had bothered to change the code or to get this fixed. I had to go to the local coffee shop to do my work and hold a meeting over the phone because of this. The whole time we were there no one bothered to get this fixed.
Also one more thing, both settees need to be cleaned as they are filthy.
Would we go back..... yes if the place was clean and everything worked.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family