We spent two nights at this lovely country house just before new year and were completely charmed by the place, the location and the owners and staff.
Our room was incredibly spacious and fabulously relaxing with two of the comfiest sofas and a huge bed with the best quality cotton bedding.
The food and wine was of an excellent standard. Our second night fell on 30 December so there was a delicious hot buffet served with a view to encourage the guests to get to know each other and the quality of food was superb, which certainly helped to break the ice. What a lovely evening. We were quite sorry not to be staying for the new year's eve dinner party.
Our main objective was to get a good deal of walking in and the location could not have been better with a range of walks right outside the front door of the hotel.
Our break delivered everything we could have wished for. I expect we will be back and would happily recommend the Sychnant Pass House Hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our elegant Edwardian country house is set in 3 acres of grounds with leisure facilities which includes swimming pool, sauna, gym and outdoor hot tub. We have charging points for electric cars and ample off-street parking. Situated in the Snowdonia National Park, we are in the heart of the countryside and yet only 1.5 Miles from the historic town of Conwy and less than 15 minutes' drive from the seaside resort of Llandudno (voted top UK seaside resort on Trip Advisor). We are easily accessible and well placed for both business and leisure stays. Our candlelit restaurant is highly recommended and is open 7 nights as week to residents and non-residents alike. Our seasonal menu offers a choice of starters, main courses and desserts and the food is freshly cooked to order, using local ingredients wherever possible. We can offer a great wine list to complement your food. Our location is convenient for Conwy, Llandudno, Bodnant Gardens, Mount Snowdon, Anglesey and we are a very useful stopping off point for those travelling to the Holyhead ferry terminal. Outdoor pursuits of walking, golf, mountain biking are all on our doorstep and just a short drive away, you will find the longest zip-wire in Europe and the only indoor surf resort at Surf Snowdonia - as well as plenty of other outdoor activities to enjoy. Alternatively, you can just curl up with a good book in our comfortable lounge! A warm welcome awaits you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sychnant Pass Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sychnant Pass House Hotel Conwy
- Sychnant Pass Country House Conwy, Wales