“Delicious food, and superb value for money”
Review of The Margam Deer

The Margam Deer
Price range: USD 6 - USD 19
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We are regulars at this place, absolutely incredible food, always very tasty, and some of the desserts are insane. If ever you want a good meal, with a good atmosphere and great service, choose the Margam Deer peeps, you wont be left disappointed.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Sunday carvery was very nice indeed. Some of the meals when it was the Copper Penny were disappointing, but we enjoyed the carvery yesterday. The meat was tender, vegetables were enjoyable. There doesn't seem to be a great difference since it re-opened in layout/decor etc, and I think I preferred the Copper Penny name as it's nowhere near Margam, but overall we enjoyed our carvery.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I think the name Margam Deer is not an appropriate name for this pub. Originally called the Copper Penny which was in my view a lovely name.
Changed recently due to refurbishment.
Margam is around five miles from this area so why the Margam deer?
I must say inside it looks very nicely decorated. Although we have lost the prints of old photos of local areas and industry, instead we have a few pictures of deers in silhouette and knives and forks.
Our meals were ok for the money we paid. Good value 2 meals and a bottle of wine for £20.
We asked for a jug of water 4 times with our meal but it didn't arrive until after I had finished my meal.
Was very busy there being a Saturday evening but I noticed when we left there were quite a lot of empty tables which were full of plates and waste food waiting to be cleared.
Which Suggests they are under staffed.
I used to take my grandchildren there occasionally before but I'm afraid not again as the facility inside for children is not good. Children's play area inside was awful, there was more for the kids to play with before the refurbishment. I noticed that there were two amusement machines in that area which needed £'s to use them. Think that's awful!!!! Why not put some educational playthings there instead to keep the children amused.
Won't be returning in a hurry!

4  Thank GER666
Reviewed 25 March 2018

excellent meal staff very friendly helpful and could not do enough for us we went along because it has changed hands we had a bad time once before .

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

With a couple of friends on Friday who had a carvery each ,wife and I had fish and chips all meals we're excellent quality and warm served by a very cheerful waitress will certainly return.