“Christmas Gift from Luke and Cindy.”

Afternoon Tea at the Angel
Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Angel Hotel is a member of the prestigious UK Tea Guild having previously held an ‘Award of Excellence’ since 2008. Only nine hotels outside of London have achieved this. In 2011 The Angel Hotel were proud recipients of The Tea Guild’s top national award, the Oscar of the tea world. Each morning our specialist baker, Sally Lane freshly prepares the sandwiches, savouries, cakes and scones ready for the afternoon. The following are our service times for Afternoon Tea & High Tea: Monday - Friday; Afternoon Tea and High Tea are served in our Wedgewood room from 2.00pm - 4.00pm. Saturday & Sunday; High Tea only; served in our Wedgewood room from 2.00pm - 5.30pm.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As the title say's had this as a gift, We had wonderful afternoon tea. The food was excellent, presented on a tiered plate with various savories, sandwiches ,pastries,cakes and a trifles.
This can be accompanied with various teas and coffees.The table was well presented, the service was very attentive ,nothing to much trouble.(beyond excellent)The room is very pleasant, with a lovely atmosphere with other guests in the room enjoyed their special occasion .
There was more than enough for the two of us ,and the staff box this up without you having to re guest this. All tied up with pink ribbon.
Thank you to Luke and Cindy, but a special thanks to the team at the Angel for making this occasion Brilliant

1  Thank djsarichards
Charlotte G, Manager at Afternoon Tea at the Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed afternoon tea with us as a delayed Christmas gift.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We had a memorable afternoon tea to celebrate the life of a wonderful Irish friend. Food and service superb. Surrounding tasteful and spotless. What more can one say?!

1  Thank Karen P

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased to read you had a memorable afternoon tea to celebrate your friends life with superb food and service.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Well I never! I have been coming to the Angel hotel for a couple of years now but had never got around to booking in for their High tea which comes highly recommended. So i booked in and came on the Saturday just gone and I was literally blown away! The savoury selection and the cakes were- to put it lightly- some of the best I have ever had at any afternoon tea and I have had tea at some of the best Places in London including Claridges, The Ritz, The Dorchester, The Savoy and the Langham. I loved that the cakes were light and flavourful- without an over emphasis on pasty based dessert and where flavor trumped appearance. That’s not to say that they didn’t look amazing just that the flavours were the sar of the show. The depth of flavour in the mini cheese and pesto croustade and the coronation chicken tartlet was unsurpassed and how do I tell my Mum that their buttery and flaky quiche was better than her homemade one? And yet it was! We couldn't eat all the cakes so the Angel staff helpfully boxed them up and we took some home and oh how we enjoyed them that evening!
The sandwiches were plump and moist of filling and we couldn't manage to eat anymore! The scone was good although a little on the crispy side- we should have taken them home as well as we were already fit to burst- such a generous tea!
They have a great selection of teas to choose from to accompany your high tea and the servers were attentive and incredibly sweet. A blonde hair French girl was just the loveliest and I remember from having stayed in December at the hotel that they were similarly as lovely at breakfast- so it was great to see familiar faces.
I have already booked to go again in July. I really cannot rate this highly enough- both my friend and i were rather taken aback by just HOW good this was. Superb flavours, great textures and combinations and a wonderful afternoon in a beautiful room. What could be better?!

1  Thank Gslade
Charlotte G, Manager at Afternoon Tea at the Angel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to read you were blown away by high tea with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Angel in July.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

afternoon tea at the Angel is a must if you're in the area I don't think there is anywhere else that does it so good

1  Thank DEBTW

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed afternoon tea with us.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We called in without booking for afternoon tea, having heard how excellent it is here. But on a sunny Sunday afternoon, we were out of luck - all tables were fully booked for the delicious teatime spread. However, we were invited to have a table in the courtyard, where we were served a simpler tea, with scones, clotted cream and blackcurrant jam.
The scones were small, but absolutely fresh, golden and delicious, dusted with icing sugar. We enjoyed them so much, we ordered two more! We will definitely return to sample the full afternoon tea. And next time, we'll be sure to book beforehand.

2  Thank Patricia G

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted to read we were able to serve your afternoon tea on a Sunday in the courtyard. Weekends are very busy and we definitely recommend booking a table.