“Vegan take away request ”
Review of Spice Lounge

Spice Lounge
Ranked #30 of 112 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

I contacted the Spice Lounge to see if they would be able to make myself a Vegan meal (I wasn't anticipating much from past experiences) and to my excitement, they were they absolutely fine on doing so. In advance to ordering my meal, the manager Shahinoorf called me to check on what I liked / didn't like etc. And basically told me what ever I wanted they would cook for me and that he would ring me back at half 5 so I had time to think and to take my order. When Shahinoorf rang me back I told him that I would let him decide on my meal which he was quite excited by (alot of people don't like being put on the spot) I went to pick up my meal and was greeted by a very polite and friendly employee who would of given me all the time in the world if needed. The meal itself was the nicest (no joke) take away I have ever had and I can not recommend the Spice Lounge enough! Not only for the food but for the actual members of staff point of view too.. Everything about my experience was perfect! I look forward to seeing you all again very soon!

1  Thank Rhiannon C

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Been coming here at least once a week for about the last 4 years! We travel from Ebbw vale to llanfoist for a takeaway! no takeaway nearer home can compare to this place.
Simply the best food. The meat is always tasty and tender. The curry is delicious.
Naz down stairs in the bar is great, makes you feel welcome and always looks after us well.
Keep up the good work , we love it!
Kerry & Wayne O'Callaghan

1  Thank KerryNic2013
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

After living near Birmingham for quite a while and being a curry lover, coming to Wales was a worry, what if my Saag Paneer wasn't right ?
Thankfully we were recommended this place.
A super welcoming atmosphere in the lounge where we had a drink, looked at the menu and watched Bollywood style music videos, the staff are friendly and professional and carried our drinks upstairs when our table was ready.
The food was gorgeous and the portion sizes were very generous, I had King Prawn Balti and Saag Paneer as a side, the flavours really worked, I have noticed that other people have said about the oil used in the cooking and there being to much, this is ghee and it is the traditional oil and adds to the flavour, if you want olive oil or fry light cook at home but it won't be the same ;)
A super evening, excellent food if you are in Abergavenny pop in !

1  Thank Gill G
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Thought I would give it another go.
The interior is like an 80's night club but it is clean and well presented.
I only got a takeaway so cannot comment on service or the eating in experience.
Although the food was edible, it had to be the worst takeaway we have had that I can remember.
I had to tip out 1/2 a cup, yes, no exaggeration, of oil from one of the curries.
The basic vindaloo sauce was just a tomato mash.
Rice was dry and re-heated. Left over rice was definitely used for the buriani as it was dry but they added oil which made for chewy bits of oily rice.
Even the nan bread was flat and not the usual puffy delicacy you would expect.
Poor show. If I was eating in, I would not have paid for this.
This would have been a poor rating, but I just had a takeaway so that would have been harsh as I can't rate service and maybe they would have sorted some of this out if we were eating in.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

First visit to Spice Lounge, we were welcomed in to sit downstairs and order a drink and choose our food, then were shown upstairs once our food was ready. The tandoori chicken biriyani was very tasty. The portion sizes were too big for us, and felt bad that we left so much, but this was no complaint regarding the food, we tried to eat it all! The remaining food was offered to be packed up to take away with us, a nice touch! So for 4 drinks (3 alcoholic), poppadum starter and chutney, 2 mains, rice and a side for £43.