“Lovely little cafe”

Ranked #15 of 110 Restaurants in Abergavenny
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe/Bistro
Reviewed 7 April 2018

We found this lovely little cafe on out trip to Abergavenny. The lunch was huge, I had a jacket potato which was so big they had to put half in a doggy bag so I could take home. The staff were friendly . I would recommend this lovely little cafe.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Just had a half full breakfast and it was lovely. £5.50 including diet coke. Vegetarian breakfast also available.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Great food. Very friendly staff and best of all dogs welcome. Seriously the food was excellent, lovely atmosphere and the staff couldn’t be more helpful. I went in to equire about dogs being allowed inside and when I came out to tell my husband yes, our springer spaniel immediately pulled me inside, it was as if she knew she was welcome. A lot of dog friendly pubs in Wales but not many cafes and The Trading Post is a first class dog friendly cafe.

1  Thank Cynthia E
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a bit of brunch on a very cold Wednesday. Nice feeling to the cafe with good spacing between the tables which made you feel like you had some good personal space for a conversation. Extensive selection of food and drinks on the menu as well the specials board. Service was very good and friendly. Food was good. We had a toasted NY pastrami and cheese sandwich and the welsh rarebit with bacon. Coffee was also very good. Would certainly go back again

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Pay a fortune in the Angel Hotel if you like (I like it there too) but you’ll do no better for excellent home cooked food at a great price, served efficiently by friendly staff than the Trading Post. We keep coming back...because it’s great!

...and forget your Costa coffee and other chain cafes...here the coffee is good and it’s hot! A rare thing these days.