“pryd blasus ond gormod - lovely meal but too much”
Review of Le Figaro

Le Figaro
Ranked #34 of 162 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Price range: USD 20 - USD 81
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Byddai'n well heb y bara am ddim, llenwi gormod cyn cychwyn!! Pryd blasus iawn ond ella yn well petae'r sglodion yn rhai cartref. Would have been better without complimentary bread which filled us up. Meal lovely, home made chips would have been even better

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I recently organised the annual Pink Car Rally, from South to North Wales, and we all stayed overnight in Aberystwyth. Le Figaro restaurant came highly recommended and we were able to book the whole restaurant for the 68 rally participants (Pinkies). We pre-selected our meals and I have to say the service on the night was amazing. We were all given a small piece of folded card with our names on and our menu choices, which really helped those people who couldn't remember what they had ordered. The portion sizes were very generous, the quality of the food was excellent and it all tasted superb. I cannot put into words how wonderful the evening was from start to finish. Both the main courses and the desserts were delicious and the hot food was served piping hot, which the chef should be praised for considering the restaurant was practically at full capacity. I can't thank Le Figaro enough for providing us with the best 'Pinkie Dinner' we have had since starting the charity rallies 10 years ago.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Visited last week. 6 adults and a child.
The a great choice for vegetarians on the menu.
Food was average- nothing special!
Chips are not great, but we all left full up.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I called here on a Friday evening and was greeted with a smile, I sat in the window and watched the world walk by. I ordered a 8oz rump with accompanying fries, the service was excellent and the food (freshly cooked) arrived promptly. It was truly delicious, plentiful and the servers checked on me regularly. The steak was exceptionally good, it was advertised as local and I had no doubt it was.
The next night I wandered around town looking for somewhere new, I was tempted with a few but decided Le Figaro was a better option, what a good call, on a Saturday they put the menus in the top draw and invite you to the counter to pick your meal, a large selection of prepared meats and fish.There is a salad bar or the option of Mediterranean vegetables to accompany your choice. I chose a cod cooked in a sun dried tomato paste with black olives and pesto, I picked the med veg to accompany my cod, I was overwhelmed when it arrived. The cod was cooked to perfection and the veg was light, fresh and utterly gorgeous. I enjoyed every mouthful.
I had the same server both nights, I felt very looked after, thank you to the lady with pens in her hair. Both starters and sweets were available, I could manage neither. I would undoubtedly return to Le Figaro on my next visit to Aberystwyth....

1  Thank vinnyjoe90
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Decided to try here with a couple of friends for Sunday lunch after hearing about it in the grape vine. So glad we did as it's my new favourite place in Aberystwyth for a Sunday lunch!
I chose beef, which they gave me 5 slices of! Loads of veg, two types or potato, two pigs in blanket, and a Yorkshire pudding - ALL for £8!!
My friend had turkey, and she a lump of stuffing too. Absolute bargain and tasted amazing too. Wasn't cramped like some places in town and we were able to sit down and chat at our leisure without feeling rushed or anyone needing the table.
Definitely will be back.