“charming cottage perfect little getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
King bed with plenty of wardrobe space and dressing table
Spring-time at Celyn Cottage Lounge/Dining/Kitchen with plenty of space to relax in
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Spring-time at Celyn Cottage
Lounge/Dining/Kitchen with plenty of space to relax in
Well equipped kitchen with wash/dryer, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster etc.,
Shower room with walk-in shower.
Sunshine on the front seat for most of the day
View from the meadow gate towards the coast and also the distant Cambrian Mountains
View of surrounding countryside
View to the sun facing south of the meadow
Our summer visitors
Stroll along our canopied lane - cool and lush with a stream gently running down the side
Aberystwyth prom walks are so enjoyable
Take a drive up to Cwm Rheidol reservoir and visit Statkraft butterfly house
Merry Christmas - December 2015
Enjoy the evening sunshine from the lounge
Raised stone wall flower beds
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
laura w
Wednesbury, United Kingdom
“charming cottage perfect little getaway”
Reviewed 15 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Absolutely loved our three night stay at Celyn Cottage. It is the perfect little escape for a couple who are looking for a place they can feel totally relaxed. The cottage really is charming inside and out. The location is wonderful as you are close enough to reach shops in a 5 min drive yet you feel so rural as it is surrounded by the glorious Welsh countryside. I would 100% stay here again.

Would also like to thank Marilyn for being a fantastic host, her kind nature and helpful manner made our little break all the more enjoyable.

Everything about the place is 10 out of 10 for me.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The charming character overall
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 18-24
Recommended for:
Older travelers
16 Apr 2015
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and found the cottage relaxing. It certainly gives me immense pleasure to meed lovely young people like you and to share the delights the cottage offers. I will continue to improve the landscaping and planting in the gardens to give the patio a real WAW factor! I hope you'll return sometime to see the changes. All the best.
Jinxed86
Heckmondwike, United Kingdom
“OUT OF THIS WORLD!”
Reviewed 9 April 2015 for a stay in May 2014

This beautiful little cottage is perfect, I can't get over how amazing our stay was, it was completely picturesque.

The cottage itself was amazing, fresh & clean & it's surroundings are beautiful..

Marilyn looked after us so well, she is such a beautiful caring lady. we chatted for ages at a time.

The cottage is fully equipped and very cheaply priced for what it is.

I can't wait to g back :) your missing out if you don't book!

Travelling group: Young Children
13 Apr 2015
Totally thrilled with your exceptionally kind review. Thank you so very much. It's always so gratifying to meet such nice, charming visitors, especially ones that take delight in the natural aspects of the cottage and its location and appreciate the efforts we make to provide a warm welcome. Though refering to me as 'beautiful' did cause some confusion! Hopefully you will visit again as there has been quite a lot done on the landscaping and planting.
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Travelling group: Other
24 Mar 2015
Thank you so much Wendy, it was delightful meeting you and your daughter. I do hope to see you back soon as you were the perfect guests.
hannahsan...
“The perfect get away break!”
Reviewed 14 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Me and boyfriend stayed for a couple of nights, it was so relaxing, very clean and tidy cottage on a mountain, Marilyn was very welcoming and had bought us milk and shortbread biscuits! which we thought was lovely. Also the outside patio was very nice!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
15 Feb 2015
THANK YOU BOTH. It was so delightful to welcome such a lovely young couple to the charming lovenest, especially as they left it perfectly clean and tidy for me. Pity the weather wasn't the best but I'm delighted they both enjoyed their stay regardless.
Pat H
“Amazing holiday let”
Reviewed 18 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We stayed in this lovely cottage for two nights whilst delivering our eldest daughter to university, I regularly stay in hotels and guest houses for business so can be quite critical of where I stay. I can honestly say this is by far the best accommodation and hospitality I have ever received, the cottage was very clean and well equipped. Honestly the photographs do not do this property justice, for the three of us there was more than enough room, the bedroom large and very comfortable, the third bed was the 'L shaped' sofa which my daughter also found very comfortable. The large bathroom with walk in shower excellent also. What made the stay was the finishing touches the vendor added to make our stay very pleasant. There was a nice patio area with seating which we did not use, outside the property is very much 'work in progress' but nothing to be concerned with.
The only negative (not my own opinion but my teenage daughters) was no WiFi and mobile network not great, this did not put us off wanting to stay at this property again.
I cannot express how welcome we felt and how much we felt 'at home' during our stay, I would not hesitate to recommend this property and have already made another enquiry about our next stay.

Liked best: At home feel
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 Oct 2014
THANK YOU so much for being so generous with your review. It delights me to know that visitors do enjoy staying at the cottage. Though work has been ongoing (while avoiding disturbing the tranquility for visitors) there will have been a fantastic change by next Spring - my husband will have finished the excavation of the earth mound and the grounds and the landscape will be fully planted up. The view from the cottage will be far more distant and panoramic yet the immediate gardens will be a riot of colour and a wildlife haven. Also hopefully BT will have undertaken the upgrade and will provide a better internet and WiFi service. It is a bit frustrating for youngsters not having WiFi and I am exploring options to try and resolve the problem. I aim to ensure my visitors enjoy every aspect of their stay and will always strive to improve.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing