“Amazing holiday let”
other travellers have booked this property
King bed with plenty of wardrobe space and dressing table
Spring-time at Celyn Cottage Lounge/Dining/Kitchen with plenty of space to relax in
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Spring-time at Celyn Cottage
Lounge/Dining/Kitchen with plenty of space to relax in
Well equipped kitchen with wash/dryer, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster etc.,
Shower room with walk-in shower.
Sunshine on the front seat for most of the day
View from the meadow gate towards the coast and also the distant Cambrian Mountains
View of surrounding countryside
View to the sun facing south of the meadow
Our summer visitors
Stroll along our canopied lane - cool and lush with a stream gently running down the side
Aberystwyth prom walks are so enjoyable
Take a drive up to Cwm Rheidol reservoir and visit Statkraft butterfly house
Merry Christmas - December 2015
Enjoy the evening sunshine from the lounge
Raised stone wall flower beds
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Pat H
“Amazing holiday let”
Reviewed 18 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We stayed in this lovely cottage for two nights whilst delivering our eldest daughter to university, I regularly stay in hotels and guest houses for business so can be quite critical of where I stay. I can honestly say this is by far the best accommodation and hospitality I have ever received, the cottage was very clean and well equipped. Honestly the photographs do not do this property justice, for the three of us there was more than enough room, the bedroom large and very comfortable, the third bed was the 'L shaped' sofa which my daughter also found very comfortable. The large bathroom with walk in shower excellent also. What made the stay was the finishing touches the vendor added to make our stay very pleasant. There was a nice patio area with seating which we did not use, outside the property is very much 'work in progress' but nothing to be concerned with.
The only negative (not my own opinion but my teenage daughters) was no WiFi and mobile network not great, this did not put us off wanting to stay at this property again.
I cannot express how welcome we felt and how much we felt 'at home' during our stay, I would not hesitate to recommend this property and have already made another enquiry about our next stay.

Liked best: At home feel
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
21 Oct 2014
THANK YOU so much for being so generous with your review. It delights me to know that visitors do enjoy staying at the cottage. Though work has been ongoing (while avoiding disturbing the tranquility for visitors) there will have been a fantastic change by next Spring - my husband will have finished the excavation of the earth mound and the grounds and the landscape will be fully planted up. The view from the cottage will be far more distant and panoramic yet the immediate gardens will be a riot of colour and a wildlife haven. Also hopefully BT will have undertaken the upgrade and will provide a better internet and WiFi service. It is a bit frustrating for youngsters not having WiFi and I am exploring options to try and resolve the problem. I aim to ensure my visitors enjoy every aspect of their stay and will always strive to improve.
JoeCT92
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Best of both worlds!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

If you're looking for somewhere to stay in the Aberystwyth area that provides a quiet peaceful retreat in the evening after a day full of fun, then I would seriously recommend you book this fantastic cottage. Myself and my other half stayed for 3 nights, and were more than happy, even wishing we could've had another night or two! The cottage itself was faultless, it included everything you needed for a self catering holiday, as well as being spick and span with modern furnishings but with plenty of character too. The location was excellent, as Aberystwyth is only 10 minutes drive away (Taxi's a reasonable £5) and has everything you need for a fun filled day/night, but when you return to the cottage it's peaceful and offers plenty to do such as scenic walks and blackberry picking.
In Marilyn and her husband, you couldn't ask for better hosts, they really went to extra lengths to make us feel welcome, offering transport to Aberystwyth (as neither of us drive) and providing DVD's in case we decided to stay in.
All in all, Doleos was as close to perfect as can be!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 18-24
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
4 Sep 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It was a delight to have such a charming young couple staying at our cottage especially as they took such good care of it, leaving it very clean and tidy for me. After such a hectic summer period every little help is immensely appreciated. It was lovely to see the young couple wandering through the meadow and picking blackberries along the hedgerow. I do hope they will return sometime soon for another visit.
JulieRaff...
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday cottage - just the right size for 2”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Really enjoyed our stay in this charming renovated farm building. Spotlessly clean and our hosts were extremely helpful and informative. Really lovely shower room and extremely comfortable bed with spotless linen. A really nice touch was the provision of tea, coffee and sugar more than sufficient for the whole period of our stay. Also provided were milk, butter and jam! Wish we had found this holiday home at the beginning of our daughter's year at University and not the end! We will be back.

Liked best: So clean
Liked least: Nothing - but could do with a hook for clothes in bathroom
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
15 Aug 2014
THANK YOU for your very kind review. I really do appreciate your comments as ensuring visitors' satisfaction is my priority. I will continue to endeavour to maintain and even improve on the high standard visitors deserve.
Julie R
“Beautifully renovated farm building set in a tranquil location.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at Celyn Cottage. Thoughtful welcome food gifts on arrival. Canisters filled with coffee, tea and sugar. Lovely fresh bedding and super comfy bed! Hosts were more than welcoming. Wish we had discovered this rental at the start if our daughters year at uni and not at the end! We will be back.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
13 Aug 2014
Thank you so much for being the first to review my cottage and for your very kind comments. I am delighted you liked it and enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing