Nanteos Mansion
Plas Antaron Hotel(Aberystwyth)
USD 113*
Richmond Hotel(Aberystwyth)
USD 140*
Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel(Aberystwyth)(Great Value!)
USD 93*
Castle Hotel(Aberystwyth)
  • Bar/Lounge
Shelley Guest House(Aberystwyth)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswalled gardenbyron suitemusic roomold bakerylord byronstable blockcircular walkmorning roomsingle track roadbeautiful hotelchristmas lunchoriginal featureson arrivalwedding venueyoung staffwet roomsat nav
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Me and my family where greated by a loverly doorman, then was shown into the reception and was gob smacked at the helpfullness of the receptionist and the sheer awe of the beauty of the reception hall. We where then shown to our rooms and fell in love with Dyfi suite which had fantastic views. The loverly doorman then brought up our bags from the car, what a loverly gentleman.

The evening meal was very fancy, but tasted great, and the same can be said for the breakfast the following morning.

Will be coming back again, Thank you Nanteos for a loverly time at your hotel.

Room Tip: There all good, i asked for a tour of some of the rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank chris j
Reviewed 16 May 2012

By chance we picked the Nanteos Mansion and glad we were. It is stunning, beautiful location and the rooms are amazing. The whole place has been refurbished to a high standard and we felt very comfortable. It was just a shame we only had the one night, if we come by this way again, we won't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay the bit more and stay in one of the suites, it just feels like you are back on the set of Upstairs Downstairs but with all the mod cons of course! Don't miss the Welsh breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John B
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Arriving outside this lovingly renovated 18th Century Country Mansion Hotel, situated in the beautiful Welsh countryside, I was greeted by a very helpful and friendly porter. This excellent service continued during the duration of my stay, and the breakfast food and service was second to none. Highly recommend a visit soon!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie R
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Most unwelcoming; having received an invitation to tea, was turned away. Front of house hospitality and organisation is something they will have to work on to merit 5 stars. The grounds were unfinished and the entrance foyer lacked atmosphere and warmth.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank anonyhh
Mark R, General Manager at Nanteos Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

It was with some dismay that I read your review, our recent afternoon tea promotion to celebrate the opening of this historic Mansion has been a tremendous success. So much so that it has meant that booking has become essential over the month of May to ensure a table for afternoon tea. We did not initially ask people to book, as we presumed that anyone travelling to Nanteos, due to the nature of the property would phone ahead to assure themselves of a table.

This has proved the case and I am delighted with the repines and very kind comments from all the visitors to the Mansion.

With regard to the exterior works you refer to, the Mansion had only been open a couple of days, and due to rather inclement weather we were waiting for the grounds to firm up to enable these works to be completed.

I am sorry that your first impressions of Nanteos has been of a negative one, which is certainly not our aim, hopefully you will visit us agin in the near future to enjoy the delights of Nanteos, and on this note, should you decide to do so, please do not hesitate to contact me personally to make the necessary arrangements.

With kind regards.

Reviewed 20 September 2010

The options available on this site for date of stay did not cover the time of our visit so I've simply selected the most recent - although in honesty my husband and I stayed here in 2007 - probably just before it closed for renovation and it was just what I needed at the time. It was so peaceful, that long sweeping drive, the fantastic facade, the large proportioned rooms all served to give me delusions of grandeur. This was probably reinforced by the fact that we were the only guests staying at the time - so we really did feel like Lord and Lady muck! Had I been a lottery winner I would have made an offer for the place there and then! I've taken a star off the room simply because of the poor reception on the tv and I don't recall a radio having been available instead. The breakfast here was undoubtedly the best that I have ever had - and for someone who travels a lot within the UK, I've had plenty of experience.

The weather was gorgeous, the staff almost invisible - certainly not intrusive - and I would love to stay again- but I'm not aware that it's reopened yet.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple