“Superb seafront food & drinks.”
Review of Baravin

Baravin
Ranked #17 of 163 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Taking a friends recommendation to visit this venue we made are way down on a Saturday lunch time.
From the outside it does not look much but once we opened the door we entered into a warm, friendly & comtemporary atmosphere. We were greeted by Gareth Evans, front of house who although we had not booked was more than willingly to let us settle in at the bar. There was a mix of customers including new mums, families, ladies who lunch & couples.
We ordered drinks and a generous bowl of very moreish salted almonds while we relaxed, took in the views of the sea and perused the menu.
I choose the sourdough topped with smashed avocado & smoked salmon with perfectly cooked poached eggs on top.
My husband went for the mexican calzone which was well flavoured filling wrapped in a perfect dough.
All the staff were engaging and we witnessed a good team moral.
Definetly a place we will return too.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Great lunchtime venue, fantastic view of the sea with imaginative food, prepared by people who obviously have a passion for what they do. We loved the interior which is industrial retro done to a very high standard. It will definitely be on our revisit list.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

As a dairy free vegetarian it was a very limited choice I found on the Christmas menu. Everything veggie had cheese on it as per usual, with the suggestion of taking the cheese off to make it dairy free. But pizza isn't what I want for a Christmas meal. So I suggested taking in a dairy free cream in advance to replace the dairy in the tagliatelle option & they were open to experiment & as accommodating as possible. It was a great effort, thoroughly enjoyed it & I'm grateful they didn't make a big deal as so often happens (at the very least they kept any derogatory comments behind the scenes..) I also had roast beetroot salad without the mascapone which was beautiful and to date the only time I've ever enjoyed walnuts, yum, well done for that! And a spicy prosecco granita for dessert since the treacle tart was rammed full of butter. If I was totally vegan I'd have really struggled to find a dish here, since pasta contains eggs, cheese is a main ingredient and everything else is meat, meat, meat. It would be nice if restaurants would stop relegating their Christmas parties to the least attractive part of the premises, we didn't have sea views and had a really wobbly table that almost sent everything for a burton numerous times. They aren't unique in this tho'. Service was fairly steady, waitresses were attentive, overall good. They also averted food waste by gladly providing us with our leftovers to take home. I happily survived my Xmas works do thanks to their willingness to accommodate me but it's not somewhere I could drop into for a meal or would recommend to ethical eaters. It'd also be nice if they would source sustainable seafood, sea bass is not on the Marine Conservation Societies list of sustainable fish.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Limited menu choice, moderately priced, but food very very nice. Impressive cocktail menu, lovely to sit in the window, sipping a cocktail and watching the sunset and the starling murmurations across the bay.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Quality food, reasonably priced, excellent service, everyone spoke welsh which is very important to myself. Thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed and will definitely be eating here again. Highly recommend.