“Comfortable accommodation in an attractive...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Byre, Malvern

Private Patio
Looking South
The Byre, Malvern in Charcoal
Welcome
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

French first
Any
John Kenn...
“Comfortable accommodation in an attractive location.”
Reviewed 14 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

The accommodation is well placed to enable visitors to take advantage of the many interesting places in the Malvern area and surrounding countryside.

Dave P
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A brilliant holiday made by Joan and Clive”
Reviewed 26 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

We booked the Byre as it suited our needs and it did every thing we wanted .
The accommodation was spot on very quiet and relaxed.
Thanks to Joan and Clive who went through some rather unusual situations but to there credit kept smiling and kept us informed and helped us all the way through.
They were perfect hosts and we will be looking to rebook as we are looking at the autumn show .
Dave and Lynne paul

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
coznewsam
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“RELAXING BREAK IN A VERY QUAINT COTTAGE”
Reviewed 4 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Just returned from a lovely relaxing weekend In the Byre.
Malvern is beautiful and the cottage is perfectly located for exploring.
The owners were very friendly and informative.
The cottage has cute décor with lovely oak beams, it was spotlessly clean and had everything we needed for our stay, I even prepared a lovely roast after our long walk.
I have already booked another short break for my parents as a Christmas gift!

Liked best: The whole weekend
Liked least: Leaving
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Brandy37
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Slightly smug!”
Reviewed 30 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Our third visit now and enjoyed it even more than the previous ones ( which were hard to beat).
Two main reasons, the hospitality of Clive and Joan and following in the footsteps of George Mallory! My wife and I conquered the 22 peaks (?) of the Malvern Hills just before dusk and felt rather pleased with ourselves ( however, our legs regretted it the next day).
Again, Clive and Joan were the perfect hosts and the facilities were just right for us. It was such a relaxing and enjoyable break.
Sometimes I wonder whether I'm being a little over zealous with my reviews so I read some of the others on tripadvisor and, so far, all but one back me up! Amazed at the 'fault-finding'. Just goes to show that you can't please everybody all of the time.
My only grouse is that I couldn't get the dates I wanted originally because the cottage was already booked!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfort and the Malvern Hills- spectacular.
Liked least: Cramp the next day!
Older travelers
halcyon_t...
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Not a 1 bedroom cottage, 'dodgy' shower, no bath, restricted cooking facilities”
Reviewed 24 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

This is not a 1 bedroom cottage, the photos are deceptive. It is just 1 big open-plan area with a separate bathroom. We were kept awake by the fridge humming on and off, couldn't get up and make a coffee or even read without disturbing the other person.
The shower is temperamental to say the least. It went off completely for over 30 seconds, came back on cold, which was just as well because it meant that I moved out of the way before it suddenly became scalding hot, without me touching the thermostat control. I had bright red marks on my skin where the water touched me.
it is not a bath in the picture, it is an odd sort of half-bath with a step/seat, no plug, no taps.
Cooking facilities: combination microwave, grill, oven which looked fine but the hot plates were just a couple of solid electric plates, bit tricky if you wanted meat and 2 veg.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing