USD 230
Russell's(Broadway)
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 216
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 255/night.

Sandscroft B&B(Broadway)
  • Restaurant
Buckland Manor(Broadway)
USD 745
USD 572
All reviewswine barbar and grillnooks and crannieschewton glendeluxe roomoriginal buildinghotel is situatedspa facilitiesamazing hotelmain restaurantan overnight staycotswold villageorchard cottageafternoon teahigh streetlovely toucheggs benedict
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We recently stayed at The Lygon Arms for The Easter weekend. It was the perfect choice for a 3 day/2 night break. The hotel is amazing and filled with history. What started as a 16th Century lodge and stables for Stage Coach Travel is now a 5 star hotel complete with Spa and Restaurants with out losing it's heritage. The location of the hotel in Broadway on the high street is perfect. It is like walking back in time. There are some incredible walks and National Trust attractions all with in a few miles. The hotel will even provide Hunter Boots for the walks. The staff could not be more friendly and the food in the restaurant is superb. The beds are so comfortable too - slept like babies. On Easter Sunday the staff arranged an Easter Egg Hunt for the children through all the nooks and crannies of the hotel - it was great fun. The gardens are lovely and the hotel is dog friendly! I cannot recommend The Lygon Arms enough. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you want modern, get a courtyard or if you would like to sleep in a stunning and renovated period room from the 1500's choose Room 44.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Denise P,

Thank you for your kind review which took into consideration all aspects of The Lygon Arms. Our Hunter boots are very popular for a stroll to Broadway Tower which commands some amazing views of the local scenery.

Thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Been here a couple of times now and find it a very warm and relaxing hotel. Staff are all friendly food nice and good level of service. Will be coming back agin very soon. Spa and pool are superb just what you need when you are wanting to relax. Kid friendly hotel our 5 year old daughter loved her stay here and was always welcomed by staff.

Stayed: April 2018

Dear funkygibbon12,

It was a pleasure to welcome you back again and thank you for your most recent review of The Lygon Arms.

Needless to say we look forward to welcoming you back as a family soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is a stunning hotel, spa and dining venue in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. We stumbled across it after staying nearby at Buckland Manor for Cheltenham Races, and we headed back for a weekend away at The Lygon soon thereafter. Sadly the reservation experience was really bad. Almost to the point of me cancelling. They were very slow at responding to emails and I never received confirmation of the reservation despite telephoning repeatedly and receiving numerous assurances. I would have booked online but you couldnt book for the dog. Luckily the place itself, the team that served us, and the food all made up for such a disappointing start and I'd highly recommend staying, especially taking the dog, as they made our black labrador Dexter most welcome. I'm still waiting for an email copy of the bill though and have chased twice now, so lets wait and see.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ed F, Manager at The Lygon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Lee D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Needless to say we are delighted to hear yourselves and Dexter enjoyed your time at The Lygon Arms.

Please allow me to apologies for the poor reservation experience you had, this is certainly not the norm and i will of course follow up personally as i would hate for this to happen again.

If i can ever be of assistance do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Having researched a number of hotels in the Cotswolds area I was looking forward to a few nights away with my partner.

A very disappointing stay from start to finish.
The suite was not the one I booked. I had to go out of the hotel on to the road and in to a side entrance access that was dark and uninviting.

The room was incredibly dark, miserable furniture and the 4 poster bed was utterly filthy on the top. The room had clearly not been hoovered and there was a child’s toy left in a dusty corner.

A huge disappointing aspect was not being able to eat at the hotel as they were unable to cater for my food allergy. Whilst I thank them for their honesty,it was incomprehensible that so many other less well established hotels and restaurants are perfectly capable of catering for me.

I chose to dine at the Swan Inn a few doors down which I would highly recommend, along with the Broadway Deli opposite which serves a wonderful breakfast in a most quirky venue.

In summary, I would not recommend The Lygon Arms Hotel, even to an enemy!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anaphylaxis-mare

Dear Anaphylaxis-mare,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience which I am saddened you felt was disappointing.

As you would expect we take all allergy and dietary requirements very seriously especially those than can result in anaphylaxis caused by cross contamination from a single ingredients such as yours.

We would have loved to have accommodate you in our restaurants however you asked for 100% confirmation cross contamination would not or could not occur which would be irresponsible for us to give as there can be so many mitigating factors.

We explained that your dishes would be prepared in a separate area of the kitchen with all surfaces thoroughly cleaned and only sanitised equipment used to reduce the risk to the best of our ability however we cannot control our supply chain and the fact that cross contamination may have taken place before the ingredients entered our property hence us not wishing to give 100% assurance.

I cannot apologies enough you therefore felt you could not eat with us but would like to assure you, your best interest was at all times in our mind.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Excellent service from young friendly and engaged staff combined with an unfussy environmentto contribute to a totally relaxed atmosphere.Whilst the standard rooms are small and in a low rise estabishment some are a distance from the main facilities this is a minor issue given the overall appeal of the property..
Food in the restaurant was good and Vegan dishes were prepared for one of our party.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Ed F, Manager at The Lygon Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Peter H,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our team who always strive to exceed out guests expectations. It was also pleasing to understand our plant based menu was well received by a member of your party.

I look forward to welcoming you back.