“Ill-treated as a customer with lots of money spent in the resort”

Book In Advance
More Info
USD 50.59*
and up
LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Admission Ticket with...
Ranked #17 of 68 things to do in Windsor
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is a theme park dedicated to children aged 3-12 years old. Play your part in a world of LEGO adventure. Plus for the ultimate LEGOLAND experience stay over at the new LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel right in the middle of the park! With over 55 interactive rides, live shows, building workshops, driving schools and attractions, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland, the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is a unique theme park for the whole family to enjoy.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I visited the resort today with my wife and my 7 years old, with day tickets and other expenses (tickets, parking, snacks, souvenirs etc.) that had costed us a few good hundred pounds. I'm not going to review here like other customers, that both trains were not working today (hill train and park train) or the other attractions closed or inaccessible due to huge waiting times.
No, I'm going to review the bad surprise I had in the end due to being ill-treated by the employees and customer service at the stores near the entrance.
In short, I bought a Lego box and a key chain from the "Atlantis" shop while I was waiting for my wife and my son to get out of the submarine attraction.
The guy at the till explained to me very nice that if I wish the box to be engraved with a name of my choice on it, to go to the "Kids wear" store near the entrance and they will do it for me for an additional £4.99
As it was meant to be a surprise for my son, I left him with my wife in the Star Wars shop and I stepped into the "Kids wear" shop going straight to the till. It was no other customers at that moment there and I've told a guy called Darren about about being guided there from his colleague in "Atlantis" shop and what I wanted to do...
At that point he told me I have to show him the receipt, otherwise he can't do it for me.
I started looking in all my pockets and my bag and I've told him I was not sure if I kept the receipt and I pointed to him once more that I just bought the box from the "Atlantis" shop from his colleague minutes ago.
He didn't want to hear anything and he invited me to leave the till and move elsewhere until I find the receipt. I went in the middle of the shop and I almost overturned all the content of the bag on the floor until I found the receipt on the bottom of it.
Finally, triumphant, I returned back to the till where, in the meantime, I had a queue to wait for. When my turn finally came, I handed over the receipt to Darren and I asked him very politely which is the explanation he has that he couldn't engrave the box without to have the receipt?
What do you think he replied to me???
"We need to check that you haven't nicked the box from somewhere, you know?"
Seriously? So I would nick the box and then come back to the till and pay £4.99 to be engraved with my chosen name?
After a long and tiring day in which my family spend a few good hundreds of pounds to come for a day out to Legoland should I be mocked by a teenager employee, hired with the minimum wage on economy as Merlin company to make gigantic profits ???
No, this cannot be, I said to myself.
I asked for his name, I asked where I can make a complaint but the more I tried to get over the gatekeepers (all teenager or very young) I got walked from place to place and from person to person without anyone to try to help me or to take seriously into account my request to escalate to make a complaint.
I left the resort very frustrated today, with my thoughts on the company's leaders who fill their pockets with profit, employing young staff with the minimum wage and who does not care what services the customers receive. The customers who all pay for the money and from which the huge profit come.
Shame on you, Merlin and Legoland.
We deserve better treatment after long and tiring days in your resort.

4  Thank 777andre777
LEGOLAND_Windsor, Social Media Team at LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for your review of LEGOLAND Windsor Resort.

Please send us a message at customer.services@LEGOLAND.co.uk and copy in your Brick Reference number #3290841 as we would like to hear any further feedback about your experiences.

Rachel
LEGOLAND Windsor Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (17,510)
All reviews
in 437 reviews
"tesco vouchers"
in 192 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Despite numerous previous visits- this has to be our worst and last visit to Legoland Windsor. Despite having 2-4-1 vouchers, paid over £250 admission with an additional £12 for two cars!- ridiculous!! In the 7 and a half hours we just about managed 5 rides before the 6pm closing time!!! Rides were closed and queues were horrendous! Queued almost 2hours for a couple of minutes train ride watching a 3D game!!!!!! Twice after being in queues for a long time- rides were stopped due to technical issues, but no staff were communicating with customers!!!! Purchased the Digipass for £30 so to get photos from all rides, but only managed to get on 3 rides which did the photos! We decided to get photos printers at the Water Ride- only for printers to crash!! When we got home we downloaded the app only to find photos of total strangers!!!! And to finish the day- it took 90 minutes to get out of the car park- and no one checked for a parking ticket on exit?!
We shall definitely not be returning with any visiting guests and will not be recommending!!!!

7  Thank antnjane

Thank you for your review of LEGOLAND Windsor Resort.

Please send us a message at customer.services@LEGOLAND.co.uk and copy in your Brick Reference number 3290804 as we would like to hear any further feedback about your experiences.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I visited park with my wife and 2 young daughters, Although we had a fun, we still feel there were so many things to improve. Feel bit dissapointed for the long awaiting time especially for this price.

Thank you for your review of LEGOLAND Windsor Resort.

Please send us a message at customer.services@LEGOLAND.co.uk and copy in your Brick Reference number 3290789 as we would like to hear any further feedback about your experiences.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After reading the reviews we have to say ours was a very positive experience! Planning is definitley recommended in regards to prebooking the bricks restaurant for breakfast and tea. Food was lovely and lots of choice. Our room was pirate themed which was fantastic for our sons aged 6 and 7. The park was great with lots of rides to entertain...we queued for the ninjago ride whuch probably wasnt the best but we have to remember its for the children and as long as they are happy we are happy. The dragon rollercoaster was the best! Viking rapids and the log flume was fun, we really enjoyed a lot more rides. Atlantis was good too to go on a submarine amd see sharks and fishes. We didnt really queue for much which may have had something to do with the rainy weather. All in all we had a very packed 2 days and the only real complaint and the reason for 4 stars was a very hard bed for us but the boys slept well in their bunkbeds! Cant fault our experience. Thank you Legoland!

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for recommending LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort to our current and future TripAdvisor Guests. We are delighted you and your family had a wonderful visit and we look forward to seeing you again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Day 1 - it rained! Not Legoland’s fault and we went prepared with waterproofs for kids so we just got on with it and enjoyed the day. There are several indoor things to do but we enjoyed all the park. Despite the weather there were still queues for rides and that’s to be expected in any theme park. However these did seem to move quite slowly and waits that said 5-10 mins did feel longer. (It May have been the weather). We think 2 staff to a ride would have made it quicker. This made us consider the Q-bot option on second day as it was a nice sunny day and it was much busier even on early arrival at 9.30. I am usually against them but my husband treated us and they were worth every penny to keep a 2 & 5 year old happy and not having to occupy them in queues which unfortunately were up to an hour for some rides. Again to be expected in holiday times and a nice day but our 2 year old is a real handful. Kids loved the park in both days and enjoyed all the rides. This is a great park for smaller ones as most rides are accessible for little ones.

Food was fine, yes more pricey but again it’s a theme park and portions were a good size with bottomless drinks.

Ok some of the older miniland looks older than other parts but it didn’t spoil our enjoyment of seeing it all. Like I say kids loved it and so did we. The park was kept spotless of litter. There were constantly staff with litres pickers and the toilets were all clean and attended too regularly. Car parking was easy and we got really close both days.

We have enjoyed Legoland but I have to say I think that is relating to shelling out extra money for the Q-bot on the second day. It’s a shame they didn’t just charge a bit more for entry and give everyone a fast pass option.

2  Thank landers25