All reviews long walk car park short walk into town air con single room eggs benedict per night breakfast was included no elevator full english superior room old building flight path quiet location booked rooms windsor centre pre book
Reviewed 21 May 2017

This hotel is a 10 minute stroll to the castle and nicely placed for a walk back along the long walk. Our room was tiny but ok for one night. Mattress a bit soft and shower too high as usual, and although on a riser bar had been nailed so I couldn't adjust it. Breakfast was ok and staff pleasant enough, not overly knowledgable. Book a parking space in advance as there aren't many spaces and there is no on street parking - all permits. York house car park is 5 mins walk up the road though public parking only available at the weekend, and quite a bit cheaper than the hotel car park. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel and there is plenty of choice and places to eat in the town. Other hotels are nearer the castle.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank joolstravels
RoyalAdelaideHotel, General Manager at The Royal Adelaide Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Many thanks for your recent review of your stay with us at The Royal Adelaide Hotel.

With regards to the size of your bedroom all our bedrooms are different shapes and sizes and we do have larger rooms available to book.

Within the next couple of months the hotel will have brand new mattresses and bases for every bedroom.

Please do think of us should you return to Windsor.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, only 10 min walk to centre of Windsor. Clean and well looked after. Breakfast was good, prices very reasonable. You must book a parking space when you make a reservation as it is limited (and expensive at £18 per day)
Recommended for business trips and short breaks

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Many thanks for your recent review and we hope to welcome you back should you stay in Windsor on a future occasion.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

My friend and I booked a twin room to stay in Windsor as wanted to visit the castle and close to ascot for the races.
The online photos show spacious rooms with windows that have a view.

We checked in at 1300 and the room was ready.
The lady at the reception was extremely friendly and professional.
If you want a car parking spot this can be arranged for 18£. But book it in advance as also spaces are limited.
In arrival past the reception the car parking is located 5 meter from the main entrance. A code must be obtained from the reception to open the barrier.

There is NO concierge and NO lift so if you are like me and have heavy luggage, avoid this hotel: I had to cart my suitcase up and down a lot of stairs before we arrived to our room.

We were in room 26. :-( (((
Has two windows but glass is frosted so one can't see out. From what I could see, it was the middle of the emergency exits. The two beds of the twin were really a double bed and then pulled apart as one can see the scratches on the wall where the staff carelessly moved the beds. Of course the room was tiny with hardly any space for a suitcase or personal effects.
The mattresses on both beds were so soft one can feel the springs. You can't turn on the bed without hitting the bottom. Mattresses are old and need updating.
The bathroom looks good and updated and has both a shower and a bath.
Despite the poor space and uncomfortable mattresses the room and bathroom were clean and the room did smell good (standard).

The restaurant I would class as a 2*
Not many options however the manager and staff are extremely professional and assist with any requirement. The food is made to order so may take a little time.

Ask the hotel for directions to 'the long walk to the castle'. They won't provide surrounding information unless you ask. The long walk is very close and then 10 mins walk all the way up to the castle.
The hotel location I would say is good as is close and far enough from the city center to be able to have peace and quiet.

Personally, I would not stay in this hotel again purely on the tiny size of the rooms and poor quality of mattresses.
I feel like if one books through a hotel booking site you end up with the less attractive rooms.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christiana19k
RoyalAdelaideHotel, General Manager at The Royal Adelaide Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Many thanks for you recent review of your stay at The Royal Adelaide Hotel.

We do appreciate the negative comments as well as the positive ones as it does help us to improve on areas that need it.

Within the next month we are looking at making major improvements such as new bed bases and mattresses in all of our bedrooms as well as painting the whole of the exterior of the hotel and this should all be completed by September of this year.

Due to the shape of the building all our rooms are different sizes and bigger rooms can be requested at the time of booking or even on arrival subject to availability.

Unfortunately we are unable to have a lift as it is a listed building but guests can request ground or lower floor rooms.

Thank you for your positive comment regarding our staff as we do pride ourselves on our customer service.

Please do think of us should you decide to come to Windsor in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

3 day stay with work.
Lovely location on the edge of the great park where I went for an 8 mile run and never saw it all.
The hotel is quiet the staff are friendly enough.

Rooms very clean but a little dated.

Was staying bed and breakfast. The breakfast was lovely good quality , great choice and good service.

You are ten minutes walk into the town centre.
If you want a quiet stay it's a good hotel

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Many thanks for your recent review of your stay here at the Royal Adelaide.

Over the next few months, the Hotel and bedrooms are being updated, which I am sure you will notice the difference should you return.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 4 May 2017

The hotel is reasonably central, not to far from the train stations or shops. I stayed in Room 4 on the ground floor, not the biggest of rooms but it had everything I needed.
The area is quite quiet so I good a decent sleep in a comfy bed. The shower and bath were both good.
I enjoyed my breakfast a lot. The staff were warm and friendly. No complaints, I'd use this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
RoyalAdelaideHotel, Manager at The Royal Adelaide Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Many thanks for your recent review of your stay at The Royal Adelaide Hotel.

We are delighted to hear your stay was comfortable and you had a good breakfast!

All comments will be passed onto the Royal Adelaide Team.

We hope to welcome you again should you return to Windsor in the future.