USD 194
USD 167
USD 137
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The George Inn(Eton)(Great Value!)
USD 130
  • Breakfast included
USD 107
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Bluebell House(Woodside)
USD 95
Agoda.com
The Union Inn(Old Windsor)(Great Value!)
USD 95
TripAdvisor
3,117 results
All reviewsvalet parkingcupcakesopposite the castlelovely hotelcar parkhigh streetperfect locationcooked breakfastmini barweekend breakwould highly recommend this hotellovely touchexecutive roomfantastic staylovely roombreakfast was excellentstayed for one night
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Having stayed here before with a good experience I was looking forward to returning. With a mid week room costing well in excess of £200 expectations were of course high. Sadly this time the mark was significantly missed - as staying on business to not serve breakfast before 7am is criminal. Having paid a rate including breakfast and being turned away at 6:35am left the group of us hungry and having to source alternatives outside of the hotel. It was disappointing not to have been offered pastries, take out coffee at least and we paid for something we didn’t even experience.

Additionally the rooms were incredibly hot, two of us had bad nights sleep due to this - I even had an electric heater roaring in my room that I had to turn off. Whilst we have been going through cold spells here in the U.K. it’s been 12’C this week and these should have been turned off prior to arrival. Finally and call me petty I couldn’t get into the Elemis shower gel, I even tried my teeth (not cool)- the lid didn’t budge. Reception to their due gave me a bottle of something different when I mentioned it, just thankfully I noticed before my morning shower.

Hotel decor is nice, sadly I don’t feel the stay was worth the money this time around, very disappointing.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Laura A
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Laura A

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. All feedback is welcomed, as it helps us to refine our service and to make necessary improvements.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your stay further, and ask that you contact me directly. Please email me on gm.windsor@macdonald-hotels.co.uk, and hopefully I can restore your faith in Macdonald Windsor.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t fault the hotel. Beautiful room. Hotel is close to the castle. Breakfast was superb and we had a lovely evening meal in the hotel. We wanted to see the Changing of the Guard so asked if we could check out 15 minutes late. They allowed us a complimentary late check out to 12. All the staff were so helpful and friendly. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it or return again.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear kaz016

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of the Macdonald Windsor Hotel. I was really pleased to learn of your enjoyment and especially that you felt so well looked after by the team!

We appreciate the recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back!

Best wishes

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Attended a networking event here. Lovely hotel. Great decor and a hint of luxury in rooms. Exceptional comfy beds.
Hotel is situated almost opposite entrance to Windsor castle so great for watching the daily changing of the guards. So convenient for shops and station and has valet parking. A big thank you to the team for making the PA Club event so enjoyable.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear janWalton

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent visit. I was really pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and your room was comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Full disclosure: my friend and I didn't actually stay at the Macdonald - BUT we dis have a tremendous experience when we stopped by. We were desperately trying to find a place to print out our tickets for Windsor Castle, and every place we went to was either closed or could help us.

When we asked at the concierge desk if they could print out our tickets, they simply could not have been nicer about it! Absolutely the kindest staff I have ever seen at any hotel. Rob is the best concierge in the world, and if you're lucky enough to meet him during your stay, you'll see exactly what I mean.

If I ever have the good fortune to return to Windsor, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere but the MacDonald! Although we only stopped in briefly, the part of the hotel we saw was gorgeous! What an amazing gem of a hotel. I'd go out on a limb and say that you won't find a more generous, kind, and patient staff anywhere else. We are endlessly grateful to the lovely gentlemen who helped us out of our predicament!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jillian A

Dear Jillian A

Thanks for such a positive review following your visit to the hotel. I was really pleased to read of the courtesy you were given by Rob and the concierge team.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We have visited Windsor on many occasions and always stayed at the Castle Hotel, but with standards slipping there, we decided to try the Macdonald. What a good decision, the hotel is very comfortable with decent-sized rooms and lovely decor. Staff are attentive, overall service is excellent and hotel location is unbeatable.

Negatives:
1. valet parking is a bit of a faff and £30/day is excessive.
2. rooms can be a little on the dark side but this is due to the nature of the building which was originally Caleys department store.

Breakfast was plentiful and good quality, hot items were cooked to order which is far better than picking them buffet-style from under a warm lamp. Can’t comment on the restaurant in the evening as we ate out.

Would thoroughly recommend.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Macdonald Windsor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Guest

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I was sorry to learn of the negatives you experienced, but am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards,