“First time to a giggling squid”

Giggling Squid Salisbury
Ranked #35 of 280 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It was very nostalgic opening in this lovely city; I spent a couple of my much younger years here. The market square reminds me of the fruit and veg shopping that I used to do on my bike. Never in a million years did I imagine returning as a restaurant owner with a very different purpose right opposite this very square! I had great fun working with the design of this big restaurant to create the intimate, comfortable feel I was after. One room is particularly interesting with books lining the far wall and lots of frames on the other. I’m told lots of customers request a table there.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Loved it, very simple and light restaurant, classy vibe and great music - really chilled and good atmosphere. The food wasn’t overpriced and the value i would say was worth it - meals were delicious and good size! Staff were lovely, chatty and friendly - our waitress Ning was so nice and helped advise and recommend - was really impressed with the wine we had. Food was perfectly cooked and will definitely come back!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

As a mid-point meeting place for my adult daughter & I, we decided upon the Giggling Squid in Salisbury for a Thursday evening meal.

The menu offered us variety of choice, including to suit her vegan diet and my green Thai curry was delicious! The service was excellent, the restaurant nicely attired, the toilets extremely clean.

Highly likely to return.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Good meal but nothing special. Quite pricey. Busy. Choice of menu. Not best location. Thai . Decor ok

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Booked at table at the restaurant for Bank Holiday Monday, as a special treat for me a the Mrs..
The restaurant was very quiet and because of this the Service was good and attentive. The layout and design of the restaurant is very nice and contemporary.
Our meal consisted of 2x starters, 2 x main courses, and a bottle of wine. Everything was fine accept for my main course The Beef Rib Larb at the cost of £15, was disappointing.The beef was extremely fatty and seemed to be placed on a load of mushrooms drenched in lime juice, literally drenched, didn't enjoy it at all....
It didn't match the description on the menu, and it was not spicy as it suggested, it just tasted of lime...
At the total cost of £93 (10% service charge included which annoys me) for 2 people I was expecting something better.

GigglingSquid, Giggling Team at Giggling Squid Salisbury, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hello,

I'm so sorry that you feel that the food did not live up to your expectation or ours by the sounds of it. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the service and most of your food, however this description of the Beef Larb dish does not sound as we would expect it to be served.

I hope that you can give us another try soon, our Spring menu has since launched and the Beef Rib Larb dish has been taken off of this.I hope that this is helpful and that we see you again very soon for a much better experience.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great Thai food. Pleasant atmosphere, great service.
Do not leave this place without trying the crispy squid. Best thing ever.
Pad Thai and masaman curry were excellent also.
A must if you're staying in Salisbury for at least a night!