“Poor service and little interest in customers”
Review of The Bridge Inn

The Bridge Inn
Ranked #80 of 280 Restaurants in Salisbury
Price range: USD 8 - USD 29
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to The Bridge Inn at Upper Woodford's Facebook page! We are a family run business, with three generations behind the bar and over thirty years experience. We pride ourself in hearty home cooked food and real English ales. Why not pop in and relax in our garden that borders the river Avon. Less than 10 miles from Stonehenge and only 6 miles from Salisbury we are the perfect countryside escape.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Terrible meal. Appalling service. Staff far more interested in chatting to one another than attending to guests. Staff also seemingly oblivious to the clouds of smoke coming from the log burner. Numerous errors in the orders. Would not eat there again or recommend anyone else to do so. Shocking how quickly the standards of this restaurant have fallen.

Hannah D, General Manager at The Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that when I was speaking with you about the smoke problem and trying to sort it out, that I didn’t realise that you were unhappy with both the service provided or your meal.
We do always try our best and understand that sometimes we get it wrong.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly and attentive staff. Reasonably priced, lasagne was good, with a plentiful side salad. Rather nice, will visit again. Thank you.

Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped by on our way home from a country show and was welcomed by Nick and a nice warm fire. They opened the kitchen early so we could sample their specials menu, the steak and kidney pie was exceptional!! Would definitely recommend for lunches, dinner and any time you want a great host (nick) and great food.

Mandy D, Owner at The Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you, so pleased that you really enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We came down from the East Midlands for my grandson's birthday and taken to the Bridge Inn on Friday 9th March in celebration. The first shock was the high prices on the menu, second, not much choice of the main courses, only 9 and similar small number on the chalk board. Nothing traditional like fish and chips/fries, steak or mixed grill. I ordered gammon, got that plus fries, peas, fried egg, four 15mm diameter tomatoes on the vine, piece of red onion and some peas. The gammon was not very big at about 2" X 5", very salty and hard to chew. No pineapple slice on the top as one would expect with this dish. Lots of fries but a big bag costs very little at 'Iceland'. All this for an astounding £13 My partner had the pork schnitzel with fries and dressed salad which tuned out to be just a bowl of leaves. She did not like the pork schnitzel and passed the uneaten half to me. After removing the outside batter one could be forgiven, on a blind tasting, thinking the meat itself was very dry white chicken breast in texture and taste' which was bland anyway. Once again this dish also cost £13. Meanwhile my host was served a pint of 'Blacksheep' beer that was not what he ordered.
I expect the garden by the river is lovely but at 7 o'clock on a Friday night with the rain I was more interested in something to eat but sadly disappointed. I now have the problem when visiting my daughter's family again, if going to your pub is mentioned for an evening meal how do my partner and I say 'No thanks' without causing an offence and bad feeling. On a visit in July for my granddaughter's birthday I hope we are taken someplace else, hopefully not your over-priced pub again.

Sometimes it is very hard to respond to our reviews for one reason or another. We are a family run pub and not a chain, we keep our menu small to make sure that what you have on a daily basis is fresh and not frozen, we do run out. Our pork schnitzel is pork not chicken, and like many pubs, we have our own twist on it. I am sorry about the mix up with the beer and I am sure that if mentioned at the time that would have been exchanged.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Wonderful home cooked meal! Something for everyone menu. Friendly and helpful service. A delightful country gastro pub, beautifully decorated in a rustic style. A brilliant setting to meet and catch up with friends!

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you all found something on our menu or special board, and enjoyed the whole experience with your friends.