Enjoyed Salisbury very much, the stay at the Rose & Crown, being a period building felt just about right.
Booked an upgraded room which was excellent, sadly there was confusion over the aditional charge for Full English (which I'd asked for within the confirmed quote), just took the edge off of what otherwise was a pleasant short break.We took an all inclusive option, the meal was adequate, not extensive, and well prepared. Service was quick and not rushed, Breakfast is normally Continental (my only grump) and that's fine for many guests. Perhaps ensuring that guests are more aware that there's a choice and making it clear upon booking confirmaton exactly what is included will set aside any misunderstandings.
Room was spacious and well appointed, the view over the River Avon to the Cathedral was enchanting as was the short walk from the Hotel to the Cathedral itself and the City centre. Staff were attentive despite being very busy, we felt they were pleased to see us and we came away feeling valued as guests.
In all we enjoyed it and will return another day
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an original 13th Century coaching inn located in the City of Salisbury with stunning views across the River Avon & Salisbury Cathedral. There are many original features lovingly retained. The original section of the building still boast its wooden beams through-out and our Oak Bar also enjoys the log fire that is lit in our winter months. A selection of Feature and River View Rooms are available along with our original beamed rooms, please ask our reservation or reception teams for details & availability. Our Pavilion Restaurant where the hotel serves Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner to residents and non-residents offers picturesque views of Salisbury Cathedral and the River Avon combined with ‘Sheep in the meadows’ by constable. Our modern Avon Bar which has kept its original beams and other features is the perfect place for meeting friends. We offer Morning Tea & Coffees, Afternoon Cream Teas & Coffee, Lunches and Dinner and drinks through-out the day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC and Odigeo so you can book your Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Rose And Crown Hotel
- Legacy Rose Crown Salisbury