1,121 results
All reviews white hart privilege room car park no lift central location per day lovely hotel four poster bed eggs benedict reception staff old building wedding party wedding reception hotel restaurant town centre afternoon tea few minutes walk
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We decided to visit Salisbury over Easter to see the cathedral and stone henge. We arrived early and they had our room ready a lovely four poster bed executive room. The room was old style but comfortable with modern bathroom. We did ask O change room to one at the back of the hotel as we are light sleepers.
We tried the bar in the evening and had some Taittinger which was reasonably priced. Again nice comfortable bar setting.
We both had the best nights sleep in awhile and felt well rested. We had breakfast included and this was a great start to the day. Good option of hot food.
This is a lovely hotel for a visit to Salisbury very homely comfortable feel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WhiteHartManager, General Manager at Mercure Salisbury White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Conorq

Thank you for deciding to stay in Salisbury during the Easter break and for choosing the White Hart Hotel.

I was pleased that we were able to provide a homely and comfortable feel to your stay and that you enjoyed the bar and restaurant facility the hotel offers.

I hope that we have the pleasure of your company in the not so distant future and provide you again with an enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed here for 3 nights. Very clean and comfortable, good breakfast, friendly and helpful staff, very close to Salisbury cathedral and numerous pubs / restaurants. We arrived on the train and took a taxi to the hotel. A little too far to walk for me especially pulling luggage and a shoulder bag. Also, if you want to go to Stonehenge, most taxi drivers will take you, wait for you (an hour or so) and bring you back to the the hotel for about 50 - 60 Euro. My work schedule didn't line up with the tour bus schedule but this option worked well and split it with my 2 colleagues. Just talk to the taxi drivers who are mainly locals and very helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Traveler12Virginia

Thank you for choosing the Mercure, White Hart Hotel set in the heart of the city of Salisbury.

I was pleased that you had an enjoyable visit and that the friendly team took care of you and as you so kindly mentioned the hotel is located close to the famous cathedral and the various independent and larger chain pubs and restaurants. The people who live and work in Salisbury are indeed hospitable and I was further pleased to read that the taxi company's and drivers were helpful too.

Once again thank you from all of the team and I hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

The rooms are need need of updating. The carpets are a bit messy and the curtains ripped in places. One of our party in another room found a half smoked cigarette butt on the floor by the window. Not sure how the cleaners could have missed this.
However, the reception is nice, comfortable seating and the staff are very courteous. I went to the bar late evening to ask for some bottled water to buy and the young barman offered to get me some mineral water from the kitchen in pop-top bottles, for free, nice touch. The hotel is well positioned in town and
especially near to the cathedral

1  Thank Avalon1803

Dear Avalon1803

We appreciate you taking the time in letting us know about your recent stay with us.

However I was concerned to read your comments regarding the bedroom cleanliness noted by one of your party, rest assured that I have shared this with the Housekeeping Department so that all the necessary steps can be taken to prevent future occurrence.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope that you will give us the opportunity in welcoming you back and providing you with a hassle free stay.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Very comfortable 2 nights stay in one of the upgraded rooms. Good sized room with all the necessities of a business trip including good free wifi. I didn't use the restaurant for evening meals but the breakfast was very good and plenty of choice for you to choose from which set you up for the day. Staff are friendly and attentive but the reception seems understaffed and at busy times you have to wait some time - when i went to check out there was actually nobody at the desk and a member of the waiting staff had to go and find them for me. I would definitely stay here again as its a great central location to explore Salisbury and the surrounding areas.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 21JeffR

Dear Jeff R

Thank you for choosing the White Hart Hotel for your recent business trip to Salisbury.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that we were able to offer the necessary services to make your trip a success with good quality WIFI and breakfast to set you up for your busy day ahead.

We look forward in welcoming you back whether for business or leisure.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Always try to stay here when in Salisbury. Staff very friendly and efficient. Admittedly the building fabric is beginning to require an upgrade but the proximity to the town centre and availability of parking (£6/day even if guest) makes it the hotel of choice.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

It was great to read that we are your hotel of choice in Salisbury.

I was also pleased to note your kind words for the team in providing friendly and efficient service during your stay and I can confirm that we are in the process of agreeing investment for the hotel.

Thank you for review and we hope to welcome you back very soon.