“Closed”
Review of The Chough - CLOSED

The Chough
Price range: USD 7 - USD 13
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Located in the market square, The Chough is a charming 16th century Coaching inn, full to the brim with character, which serves honest home cooked food 7 days a week, with a large selection of fine cask ales. Families welcome.
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Ring before attending, this pub has now closed for refurbishment/ redevelopment, probably to be replaced with a place a shadow of its former self.

1  Thank AndyW5961

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We visited for a meal on 15 August. Staff were very helpful and pleasant, surprisingly so as the pub is closing down for refurbishment on Saturday and they had all been made redundant.

Not much point in rating the food as no doubt all will be completely different when/if the place reopens.

Do hope that the refurbishment will not spoil what is currently a vey interesting interior.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have to take my hat off to Andy and his team for an excellent evening provided for myself and 22 work colleagues. The service was fantastic from start to finish. My colleagues and I were in ore with the establishment as it it very rare these days to find a rustic, homely, warm and welcoming restaurant with plenty of character and history.

The function room was very pleasant, which gave an immediate comfortable atmosphere.

The head chef, provided a fantastic choice of meals (3 course) for us all, from Chilli Salmon (which was devine) to Sticky BBQ Ribs(which seem to be a big hit with alot of my colleagues) First rate and very pleasant service staff throughout the evening.

My colleagues and I have agreed that we will certainly visit again and hold future funtions/gettogethers.

I would recommend The Chough to anyone visiting Salisbury.

Excellent!

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Lovely place, wonderful features, good food and excellent service. We always have lunch here when shopping in Salisbury.

Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Ignored when walked in. Served a beer which was off, and then it was left on rather than being changed. Nice building but they need some new direction, rather than just charging prices akin to Stockholm because of their location.