“Thursday afternoon visit”

Maul's Wine & Cheese bar
Ranked #1 of 20 Nightlife in Salisbury
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Popped in yesterday, having done a train trip to Salisbury we were having a look round the town centre, a local enforcement officer recommended the place. Really pleased we tried it, we had some great wine at reasonable prices, plus some lovely Cheese too. Cracking hour or so before we headed back to the train. Next visit to Salisbury we will definitely visit.

All reviews
"chorizo"
in 3 reviews
"warm welcome"
in 4 reviews
"great selection of wines"
"bo peep"
"pitstop"
"posed"
"knowledge"

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I visited here with a group of friends on Good Friday, and I can tell you it won’t be the last. The whole afternoon was brilliant, the food was first class, locally sourced cheeses, meats, and breads, I really did not know what to go for next. Across our group we probably sampled the range on offer, apart from the chocolate. We had a varied selection of wines which were lovely, two or three bottles of each was testimony to that. The atmosphere was chilled, and the crew in the restaurant were not only knowledgable but friendly, and made us all feel welcome ( even if we did get a bit loud occasionally) . Thanks to the whole team at Maul’s, a great place to go, and I recommend you make the effort. Little gems like these are few and far between. Support the local business and have a great hour or two in this lovely bar

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We love this wine bar, it's everything we'd been waiting to find in Salisbury. Wonderful selection of wines, delicious cheeses and charcuterie with staff who are happy to offer excellent suggestions and seem to know and love what they are serving. Only problem is that twice now we've checked opening times in advance then arrived only to find it's shut. We've been told that if it's a quiet night... But we are now rather put off having it on our list of places to spend an evening as it's so good and so very disappointing to get there and find it's closed.

2  Thank AiaPhx
Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is just what Salisbury needs. Maul's is a friendly place to meet or drop in after some shopping where you can enjoy interesting wines not seen on regular wine lists and eat some cheese and/or charcuterie chosen for their individual and local quality. This wine bar is reassuringly priced but that doesn't mean the clientele are snobs by any means. There is a convivial air, enlivened by the presence of the resident spaniel, Crumble. And I liked that I could hear my companion's conversation. I have been here three times since it opened and now that the weather is getting warmer, I hope they will open some windows and let in some fresh air, as it did feel a little too stuffy on my last visit. Or perhaps it was the wine.....