“5 MONTH OLD INDIAN RESTAURANT”
Review of Khana Bombay Cafe - CLOSED

Khana Bombay Cafe
Price range: USD 3 - USD 12
Description: Khana Bombay Café is an all day dining, Bombay Café. It serves a variety of Bombay classics which are brought from the 'roads to the homes' of Bombay, to the UK. Alongside carnivorous staple classics, there is a large variety of vegetarian dishes. All of this fragrant food can we washed down with our vast amount of craft beers or hand crafted cocktails.
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Following a recommendation we deliberately thought we try Khana Bombay Cafe - lovely location (deepest Headingley)....lovely setting (in the old Lounge Cinema)...great friendly welcome from front of house and a brilliant young waitress who went out of her way to help us with our choices. Yes, a limited menu but really tasty food. I had Saag Chicken (medium) - really nice. My friends had Ruby Karim (very saucy and although 'mild' it was quite spicey (but well received) and Baigon Aloo. Absolutely nothing left. With 3 Singhas, 1 Pepsi, a Basmati Rice, Peshwari Naan and - oh yes - a gorgeous cold Indian rice pudding to share!! All £51. Will definitely go again.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

A group of 10 of my family decided to visit this establishment on Sunday, i check the website and it stated that they open at 12pm.
I called them over 10 times between 12 & 2 to make a booking but there was no answer. I thought their phone might be out of order so i arranged to meet my family there at 3pm.
We arrived at 3pm to find the restaurant closed, i managed to speak to one of the staff who said that they were going to open at 4pm today as their boss had text them earlier in the day.
After speaking to my family who had travelled from York, we decided to wait an hour in the car till they opened.
At 4pm we went back to find the restaurant still closed, when we asked why, we were told by a different member of staff that they were going to open at 5pm.
This a absolute disgrace and not the way paying customers should be treated, I have never felt more embarrassed in front of my family.
I wouldn't visit this place if they paid me!
Avoid!! This place is clearly run by cowboys.

Thank THEHULKGB1 .
Reviewed 25 July 2016

On first impression I like the restaurant, the decor is modern and the menu doesn't have a massive selection, which I think is great and makes choosing much easier. It's not the traditional British curry house with kormas etc, which I like. More authentic indian cuisine.

My girlfriend ordered the Tarka Dal, which after asking the waitress, she said was mild. Turned out it was actually very spicy. Too spicy for her to eat! The rest of the food was very good. It might be a good idea to change the menu to have a spicyness indicator next to each item, would make choosing much easier. Especially since the descriptions don't indicate how hot it might be. After telling the waitress that it was too hot for her to eat, they offered something else and took the item off the bill, which was a nice gesture.

The waitress was very nice, but the service wasn't great. There were five of us eating and the food was brought over in a sporadic manner. Initially we received some of the curries. Then she went off and did some tidying elsewhere. After a few minutes I asked where the rest of the food was, and she said it was just coming. It would have been nice for it all to come at once, or at least be told that the rest of the food is on it's way. Rather than waiting, wondering if they have forgotten half the order, while some of it is getting cold in the table.

I think they realised the service hadn't been great, so discounted 50% off the food bill, which was a nice surprise. I am tempted to go back and try some other dishes but the service, and menu, could do with a bit of polishing. It would be a good idea, like in most restaurants to give little feedback cards with the bill, so people could give their thoughts there and then.

I would give the food 4 stars and the service 2, so giving a three overall.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

The food here was top notch - as someone who really love their curry it was a delicious dish, fresh, presented nicely and with lots of flavour. I'd really recommend trying here!

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed khana the food was light but filling really enjoyed mixed grill starter there was a lot of different flavours and it was cooked to perfection!!!! The service from all the staff was on point they were friendly, polite, welcoming and attentive! Would definitely recommend this place as it was relaxed atmosphere not extremely busy but there was no students at this time of year so for me that was good, and the 50% off food for booking that was a bonus so thank you!!!!