“excellent apartments, a lovely weekend city break”

The Chambers Park Place
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We have just returned from a lovely weekend in leeds for my boyfriend's birthday. I booked the one bed superior apartment with a balcony(room 109) based on the recommendations on Trip advisor. The staff on the main reception greeted us with a warm welcome. We had drove down to the Chambers & when we got there we were told there was a charge of £12 per night to park there but I thought that was abit steep, in most hotels there would be no additional charge. The honesty bar in the lounge was then explained, basically you help yourself to drinks, nachos, chocolate etc and let the reception staff know but the price's are all lot cheaper then the near by bars, I thought this was a fab idea and i wish we had took more advantage of it.The patio area in the court yard is nice to have a drink before going round the local bars. There is also a wide selection of DVD'S & books for you to use while staying there.
Our room was lovely, very chic modern, the lounge area was spacious and the kitchen was well equipped. The breakfast pack in the fridge is a lovely idea but abit random, 2 slices of bread, a tin of beans, jam,butter, a bag of crisip, 2 cartons of juice & a carton of milk !
The bedroom was abit smaller then expected but the bed was lovely and comfy. I was disappointed there was no bathrobes and when we called down for 2 the night porter was quite rude telling me they didnt have any more left! The bedroom also had one bottle of water in the room, 2 would have been a nice touch as there was 2 of us staying there.
The apt also had a washer/dryer in and a dishwasher. All in all the Chambers is a lovely place to stay, its in a great location for shops, restaurants and some lovely bars, we would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel has no problem with you bringing in your own food and drink but there are plenty of local...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 July 2012

My wife and I stayed over a weekend and simply could not fault the service, the room, the facilities, the location....I could go on. This is an hotel which is managed hands-on by its owners and that means that they really care about the standard of everything. If you are going to Leeds don't bother looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank *Mark*J*L*
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My hubby and i stayed here for 2nights on the 6/7/12. I booked a studio but on arrival noticed i was upgraded to a one bedroom apartment. The decor and overall layout was superb. Location was great and so were the staff. The only problem i had was that this apartment was not air conditioned which was a problem as it was warm. I asked if a fan was available but none. I wouldnt say the apartments are 5 star i would say 4. The bed in 405 is extremely creaky and the bathroom has a shower and no bath which was disappointing as after a long drive i was looking forward to a relaxing bath. Other apartments might have all these so its good to check. The kitchen has 2 slices of bread in the fridge which i found strange as the booking was for a couple but there was butter beans juices crisps milk eggs and tea coffee available.Overall the staff are great and so is the location.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank taqi
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I was relocated to The Chambers after the nearby New Ellington messed up my booking.

I was extremely pleased with my one bedroom apartment. I stay in hotels every week for business and this was among the very best.

However, it was what followed that impressed me most. The afternoon after I checked out, they called me to say that I had left a case of contact lenses in the bathroom. Without questioning, they agreed to post it to me at their expense and it arrived within two days.

It makes such a pleasant change to receive such good service in this country.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Really impressed with the size of our one bed apartment. Good sized bedroom and large lounge. Nicely decorated with wood floors. Proper kitchen and all the mod cons. Central location and helpful staff (Who actually appear to have been trained).
Small gripes: no air con, bed should be king not queen, bathroom needs an extractor and there was a lack of crockery and cutlery. No teaspoons and one sharp knife. It's also clearly meant for businesses as once you added on VAT the car park and the cot it was a very un-Leeds like £170 a night.
These were small relative to the overall experience mind.

Room Tip: One bed apartment roomy
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Russell H
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at The Chambers Park Place.

Around half of our apartments have air conditioning; please request when booking if you would like this and we'll match you up to the appropriate room. All of the beds in the building are UK kingsize double beds (5 feet wide).

All of the bathrooms are equipped with extractor fans which are linked to the bathroom light. These do run silently though - no noisy fan sound!

Thank you for letting us know about the cutlery/teaspoons: we are going to put a little sign in the rooms to let other guests know where to find it. The cutlery is located in a slim silver drawer just underneath the oven. Next time please call Reception if there is anything you can't find and we will let you know where it is!

The apartments are equipped with cutlery, crockery and glasses for 4 people as standard but are happy to provide extras if needed - just let us know.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to The Chambers again soon.

Kind regards,