“excellent apartments, a lovely weekend city break” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Chambers Park Place
Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“excellent apartments, a lovely weekend city break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We have just returned from a lovely weekend in leeds for my boyfriend's birthday. I booked the one bed superior apartment with a balcony(room 109) based on the recommendations on Trip advisor. The staff on the main reception greeted us with a warm welcome. We had drove down to the Chambers & when we got there we were told there was a charge of £12 per night to park there but I thought that was abit steep, in most hotels there would be no additional charge. The honesty bar in the lounge was then explained, basically you help yourself to drinks, nachos, chocolate etc and let the reception staff know but the price's are all lot cheaper then the near by bars, I thought this was a fab idea and i wish we had took more advantage of it.The patio area in the court yard is nice to have a drink before going round the local bars. There is also a wide selection of DVD'S & books for you to use while staying there.
Our room was lovely, very chic modern, the lounge area was spacious and the kitchen was well equipped. The breakfast pack in the fridge is a lovely idea but abit random, 2 slices of bread, a tin of beans, jam,butter, a bag of crisip, 2 cartons of juice & a carton of milk !
The bedroom was abit smaller then expected but the bed was lovely and comfy. I was disappointed there was no bathrobes and when we called down for 2 the night porter was quite rude telling me they didnt have any more left! The bedroom also had one bottle of water in the room, 2 would have been a nice touch as there was 2 of us staying there.
The apt also had a washer/dryer in and a dishwasher. All in all the Chambers is a lovely place to stay, its in a great location for shops, restaurants and some lovely bars, we would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel has no problem with you bringing in your own food and drink but there are plenty of local...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I haven't actually stayed here but phoned to check availability as was interested in booking the penthouse, however after the way I was spoke to on the phone by a rude receptionist telling me they wont take my booking in case they get somebody long term in there and that they dont take 1 or 2 night stays anyway (even though the reviews on here tell a different story).. and then by putting the phone down on me mid sentence I doubt I'll even waste my time with them. A shame really as really looks the part but obviously their receptionist thinks they're too good to take bookings in case something better comes up! Kind of defeats the object I'd say.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
26 Thank s b
Southsea, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

My wife and I stayed over a weekend and simply could not fault the service, the room, the facilities, the location....I could go on. This is an hotel which is managed hands-on by its owners and that means that they really care about the standard of everything. If you are going to Leeds don't bother looking elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank *Mark*J*L*
uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

My hubby and i stayed here for 2nights on the 6/7/12. I booked a studio but on arrival noticed i was upgraded to a one bedroom apartment. The decor and overall layout was superb. Location was great and so were the staff. The only problem i had was that this apartment was not air conditioned which was a problem as it was warm. I asked if a fan was available but none. I wouldnt say the apartments are 5 star i would say 4. The bed in 405 is extremely creaky and the bathroom has a shower and no bath which was disappointing as after a long drive i was looking forward to a relaxing bath. Other apartments might have all these so its good to check. The kitchen has 2 slices of bread in the fridge which i found strange as the booking was for a couple but there was butter beans juices crisps milk eggs and tea coffee available.Overall the staff are great and so is the location.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank taqi
Harpenden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

I was relocated to The Chambers after the nearby New Ellington messed up my booking.

I was extremely pleased with my one bedroom apartment. I stay in hotels every week for business and this was among the very best.

However, it was what followed that impressed me most. The afternoon after I checked out, they called me to say that I had left a case of contact lenses in the bathroom. Without questioning, they agreed to post it to me at their expense and it arrived within two days.

It makes such a pleasant change to receive such good service in this country.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business