“Loved it... and managed some star spotting too!”

Roomzzz Leeds City West
Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Stockton on Tees
“Loved it... and managed some star spotting too!”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I love the idea of having your own apartment rather than just a hotel room. We booked up just for a night away, then some shopping the next day, but could of quite happily stayed here for a week! It really felt like our own little home!

The staff we brilliant, really friendly and helpful, booked a taxi for us into town and even provided us with take away menus when we got 'home' after our night out!

We started off in the bar here and again staff were really friendly, reasonably priced drinks and a brief chat to Freddie Jones from Emmerdale! ITV studios are just down the road from here!

Breakfast is grab and go, but the rooms have everything you need to be able to cook for yourself. Theres even a washing machine and dishwasher! Free wifi too... I will definitely go back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I've just spent a week filming in Leeds and we were accommodated in Roomzz. These are basically rather glamorous bedsits located in the student quarter of Leeds.
the area around the aparthotel is rather depressing, mainly fast food pizza places and student digs but very convenient to where we were working. For other visitors, 15 mins walk and you are in town.

I had a smart studio and they are great. Brilliant being able to cook and lounge around on the sofa. Great tv, though odd choice of channels - doesn't seem to have freeview, but great free broadband so watched most of tv I needed on my I pad. Washing machine and dishwasher and they provide a dishwasher tablet each day which is a nice touch. No baths (I love baths) but great power shower in a small bathroom.

Washing machine and all the kitchen basics so you can cook basic meals. Reception provides a good selection of drinks and ready meals, though priced at a premium but there are shops nearby.

Staff were charming on all occasions and very helpful and there is a grab and go breakfast of pastries and tea and coffee in reception up to 10.30 each day.

All in all a sweet little home from home, and if you can get a good deal then well worth a look. However, If it prices itself the same as a hotel, then I'd go for the hotel.

Room Tip: Think the higher floors would be quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
RoomzzzLeeds, General Manager at Roomzzz Leeds City West, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate all your comments.

We encourage our guests to join our Roomzzz Royalty Programme to get a minimum 10% discount on our advertised Best Available rates. As a Roomzzz Royalty member you are always the first to know of all our member only offers.

Thank you once again we hope to have you stay with us in the near future.

kind regards

Abhijit David
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Lovely clean rooms great location( walk into centre approx 15 mins on foot) brought own snacks and drinks as it's a sort of self catering apartment! Clean trendy and comfy! Recommend!

• Stayed March 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Okay, I know it says aparthotel but i genuinely wasn't expecting a whole apartment! Lovely room with open plan beds/kitchen/desk/lounge areas and seperate bathroom AMAZING shower (no bath)! so powerful and hot.
The kitchen is fully kitted out, so don't do what I did and buy yourself a sandwich before checking in. I could have bought groceries and actually made a meal if i knew about the hob, microwave oven and toaster! there's also a fridge, kettle, tea/coffee, even a dishwasher tablet to use and a washine machine if you've got to clean your laundry!
I stayed in a room with the fancier memory foam matresses; I didn't notice the difference though so they are perhaps not worth the extra £10 or whatever it is.
My room also overlooked the bar area (to the right of the building as you look at it), which was not conducive for a restful nights' sleep. I was already in bed when I realised quite how noisy it was and wasn't about to wander down to reception in my PJs, but if you're after a good night's sleep (who isn't?), ask for a room that doesn't overlook the bar. I perhaps got the worst deal because i was only on the first floor, so right above it all. On top of that, the walls weren't that sound proof as i heard anyone else come home throughout the night (clearly, Leeds is a 24/7 kind of city), so my ear plugs most definitely came in handy!

Good value though and a great room.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Nothing to complain about. Really good for the price.

• Stayed November 2011