“Lovely food but poor service ”

The Roundhay - Hungry Horse
Ranked #1,103 of 2,245 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We often come here as a family for food as there is something on the menu that everyone eats even the fussy eater in the group. However this is the 2nd time we have been where not all our order came out and had to chase with staff. For someone who works in the industry i find this very poor. I wouldn't stand for it in my pub. We was very disappointed with the service received no apologies either when the missing meal turned up 10 minutes after everyone else's. This has had the effect that we are likely not to visit again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten here previously and found the food cheap and cheerful. On this occasion I ordered some sort of beef burrito, seated, paid and 20 minutes waiting the waitress comes to the table and says they have no beef. Having found myself let down by the lack of professionalism and communication to their customers I left immediately.

2  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Best Sunday lunch I’ve had in a while,really enjoyed it & the staff were very helpful & friendly,definitely visit again

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We called today and last week ...a great lady called Sarah was so pleasent and cheerful.
Makes all the difference and will definitely call again.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

After been rained off my friend was at a loss on what to do. I said pub so we ended up here and can't fault it. Good food and beer, staff was amazing and super friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
The R, Manager at The Roundhay - Hungry Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hi Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor of your recent visit to The Roundhay.

We are pleased you enjoyed your visit with us as we aim to deliver consistently great service and standards.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,