“Grim”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Really didnt like my visit to Balti King, end of a girls night out we thought why not! Wish we had just thought not!
Curry was tasteless and bizzare coloured, barely ate any of it, couldnt get out of there quick enough. Sorry but not a good spot to eat.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

We were going to a gig at the Church venue outside the University and I had spotted the Balti King previously and decided to give it a punt. We arrived at 6 and it was really cold because they had forgotten to pop the heating on.

i ordered a standard Chicken Tikka Karhai for about £8 and had a garlic naan to go with it. I also ordered a pint of Cobra beer. The food took a little time to arrive as the main staff were not in work until 7. There was a very drunk lad that the staff were being nice to - he was waiting for an order for his family and was a bit agitated because he couldn't follow when it would be ready and when the delivery would take place. The staff member managed it well.

My curry was good with lots of chicken and nice and spicy - while it was very good, I won;t say it was exceptional or remarkable; just a good £8 curry. My garlic naan was really good - light and fluffy and huge - I'm pleased I didn't order rice, and I had forgone starter too because I didn't want to be stuffed to the gills while jigging around to Sheafs and Jordan Allen later.

The decor of the Balti King was interesting; lots of dark geometric patterns on the wall; not what I'd have chosen but it was clean and tidy in the place and we felt perfectly comfortale. Balti King isn't necessarily a place I'd specifically hunt out, but if you are in the area for a band, then it's a fine place to snag a bite to eat.

1  Thank Slug01
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Being from the south of England we couldnt visit Leeds without a curry and we were not disappointed, our meal was beautiful, the service excellent and the staff so nice and chatty, it cost about half the price we would normally pay at home. Would definately visit again if in the North

1  Thank seamonkey41
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This place is great. Food is good and the sizzling starter is a most . i recommend the chicken tikka massalla great food and great value for money

1  Thank garypR1383MB
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Was an excellent meal very tasty I had a salad with chicken tandoori which was delicious my colleague had and vegetarian bunha which he said was a little bland pickle tray was very nice nann bread looked fresh as did the chapattis.

1  Thank peter w