“Should be closed for hygienic reasons”
Review of Avalon Guest House

Avalon Guest House
Ranked #12 of 27 Leeds B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Close to campus, but not suitable to renting out rooms. Not only very dirty, but shower not functioning. Central heating system irregular and unforeseeable. Fire alarm in the morning without explanation.
Bathroom too small and dirt everywhere.
Never ever again

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 March 2016

I stayed at the Avalon Guest House on Saturday 5th March 2016 on my 1st ever visit to Leeds. I was awoken from my sleep at 1am on the morning of the 6th by a drunken guest knocking on doors in the Avalon and disturbing other people. I didn't feel safe the rest of the night and got very little sleep! I mentioned my concerns to Nathan the Manager the next morning, but he wasn't too interested in addressing concerns to my satisfaction! I would avoid staying at this guesthouse if the quality of some of the guests is anything to go by. I personally won't be staying here again!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank PaulAnthony E
Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

With a few friends, we visit Leeds. We stayed at Avalon Guest House and the staff running the place were friendly and very hospitable in providing our needs. The room we stayed was a family room and it was like a hotel room. Despite of a certain cuisine smell in the house, it was a pleasant experience. Thumbs up to the wonderful family running the business. Thank you Nathan for the warm welcome we received there. Jacqueline

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Meekkatz
Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

Cold room, had to waiting an hour for heating to come on. No towels on arrival, asked twice but didn't get them until the next morning. Nice breakfast and attentive staff in the lounge area. It is a clean hotel.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

Arrived in the hotel, seemed friendly, got shown into our room which asked for a double bed, the bed probably would of been suitable for 1 person certainly not 2. The room was a complete ice box - because the window wasn't fitted in correctly, there was a big hole on the wall- filled in with a towel & oh my gosh , the ceiling was disgusting , the walls where so thin you could hear everyone and everything.
Defiantly would not recommend & certainly won't be returning

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple