All reviews leeds university family room cooked breakfast close to town ensuite guesthouse headingley
Reviewed 9 March 2016

I stayed at the Avalon Guest House on Saturday 5th March 2016 on my 1st ever visit to Leeds. I was awoken from my sleep at 1am on the morning of the 6th by a drunken guest knocking on doors in the Avalon and disturbing other people. I didn't feel safe the rest of the night and got very little sleep! I mentioned my concerns to Nathan the Manager the next morning, but he wasn't too interested in addressing concerns to my satisfaction! I would avoid staying at this guesthouse if the quality of some of the guests is anything to go by. I personally won't be staying here again!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank PaulAnthony E
Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

With a few friends, we visit Leeds. We stayed at Avalon Guest House and the staff running the place were friendly and very hospitable in providing our needs. The room we stayed was a family room and it was like a hotel room. Despite of a certain cuisine smell in the house, it was a pleasant experience. Thumbs up to the wonderful family running the business. Thank you Nathan for the warm welcome we received there. Jacqueline

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Meekkatz
Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

Cold room, had to waiting an hour for heating to come on. No towels on arrival, asked twice but didn't get them until the next morning. Nice breakfast and attentive staff in the lounge area. It is a clean hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

Arrived in the hotel, seemed friendly, got shown into our room which asked for a double bed, the bed probably would of been suitable for 1 person certainly not 2. The room was a complete ice box - because the window wasn't fitted in correctly, there was a big hole on the wall- filled in with a towel & oh my gosh , the ceiling was disgusting , the walls where so thin you could hear everyone and everything.
Defiantly would not recommend & certainly won't be returning

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Danni B
Reviewed 18 November 2015

This guest house in a prime location near the city center and the university was great value and more than met our expectations. It was comfortable, friendly, clean and catered for our every need. Our party of 4 ranged in age from 27 to 87 and we all were very happy. It cost us £20 per person per night which let's face it can be about the same for a hostel dorm! This price included privacy,en-suite bathroom, a full English breakfast, comfortable beds, a TV kettle etc! We could not have done better. I recommend this for anyone looking for budget accommodation that puts comfort and practicality first.

Room tip: Just keep in touch with the proprietors. They went out of their way to make sure the room was right for our needs.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family