“Great authentic food and excellent service!”
Review of Mumtaz Leeds

Mumtaz Leeds
Ranked #288 of 1,915 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: USD 13 - USD 33
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Description: Chandelier Chandelier By Mumtaz is the new name for Mumtaz Leeds but the food and service of this exquisite Indian restaurant remain at the same impeccable standards. The wow factor is just as impressive when you walk into the venue, which came to New Dock in 2008. £2.5m was spent on the interior alone, with its stunning black and white Versace design, complete with ornate columns, Murano chandeliers and a grand piano. The warm greeting is just the same, so too is the excellence of the food. Yet the new name, to Chandelier by Mumtaz in December 2013, marks a landmark change in Mumtaz's thirty year heritage with the Leeds restaurant now fully licensed. As many of its loyal clientele will know, Mumtaz, which was established in 1979 by Farzand Begum, mother of the Mumtaz Family in Bradford, and which has now grown to be one of the UK's biggest Asian food manufacturers, had a no-alcohol policy at its restaurants in Bradford and Leeds. The exciting developments at Chandelier by Mumtaz don't stop at the new name. Soon, diners will be able to enjoy a drink from its extensive drinks menu in the new bar and lounge area, or even enjoy light refreshment alfresco in the soon-to-be-opened outdoor dining area. Mumtaz has built its success by placing quality at the heart of its offering, both in its chilled food offering, including its lassi range - which Mumtaz is proud to say it created - and the dishes served at its restaurants. Everything served at Chandelier by Mumtaz is prepared and expertly cooked from the best and freshest ingredients. As every dish is created from scratch, it means you just have to sit back and enjoy the opulent surroundings just a little bit longer before you are served fine Kashmiri cuisine. However, as everything is created to order, it means that you can have you dish spiced exactly as you wish. Testimonies from well-know personalities, such as Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty, Amir Khan and Steven Gerrard, as well as David Cameron and Nick Clegg, on its website praise the food. The Queen too, who visited the Bradford restaurant and whose letter hangs proudly on the wall in the Leeds venue. With its sumptuous surroundings, excellent food and waterfront view, it is the ideal place to impress. The private dining room is available to cater for any event, be it for a business meeting to clinch a deal to small and intimate weddings. Diners can enjoy the Chandelier by Mumtaz experience from 11am until midnight, seven days a week. What's more, park in the NCP at New Dock, just a short walk from the restaurant, and Chandelier by Mumtaz will pay for your parking. Simply present your parking token when paying the bill. Chandelier by Mumtaz thinks of everything to ensure the best experience possible
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Me and my mum arrived unbooked on a Saturday lunchtime. We were given a lovely table by the open window looking onto the waterfront and its houseboats, without any fuss (even though there was a wedding on). For starters we ordered Chicken Pakora and Veg Samosas. Chicken was juicy and crispy and samosas had the best pastry my mum had ever tasted. For mains we had Butter Chicken and Chicken Tikka Masala. The Butter Chicken was excellent and had an amazing balance of flavours. The Chicken Tikka Masala was good but chicken could've been more tender. My mum loved her Kashmiri Pink Chai. I really enjoyed my Gulab Jaman, and it was even better because our waiter let me substitute vanilla ice cream for coconut ice cream. Our waiter was knowledgeable and handled serving us and the wedding very well. The decor was something special. Great lunch, good location would definitely go again.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Quality of food has plummeted since they first opened,food was not fresh and was cold. You have lost good customers!

2  Thank Nasreen M
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We've always enjoyed a good meal at Mumtaz and today was no exception. Starter and mains made just as we wanted with excellent service and advice from our waiter Talha.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We used to regular customers of the Bradford branch back in the early 2000's before we moved to Spain, not sure whether this branch is handled by the same people or not but decor and atmosphere is AMAZING. We had a few dishes to share and I got the Chicken Tawa which comes on the bone and believe me it was sizzling and really tasty (slightly spicy though) drinks wise I'd recommend; get the Beach On Bombay, the presentation of it with a fresh pineapple and leaf and a strawberry was lush but the taste was what made me love it the best mocktail I'd personally ever had in my life. Only disappointment was the service, the waiter was leaning on things and not paying much attention and worse of all he kind of slammed the plate in front of my wife. We did tell the man whilst paying but he was so busy he never paid much attention either, for a big and beautiful restaurant I'd urge them to bring new waiters.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I came from Manchester for my birthday on Saturday, the service from the waiter was absolutely terrible but the food and drinks were good. Was totally amazed by the mojitos and mocktails and the started were very tasty. We tried the pink but wasn't sure about the recipe so we asked the waiter and he bought the guy who makes it and he was very helpful and friendly and a nice person , he also recommended us to try falooda and it was just as he said 'a must must try' the presentation of the food was wow especially the cakes and they put a song on for me. I would recommend this and would come back again but I'd say you need to improve the waiting time and especially the service as our waiter was rude and a show off, he had a goatee but forgot his name. I'd give it 3-4* please do try the falooda and lamb chops they are the best we've ever had.