“Solo visitor ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

As a solo person-I always face awkwardness in varies places to eat - and here I received the some awkwardness. I walked in and saw an older lady at the bar serving a customer. I waited my turn to be seated but decided as not busy in here and quite a few tables empty, I needed to take a pew-opted for the seat by the window (Shame the windows are darkened out as made the place look much darker on a beautiful sunny day and limited the beautiful views outside - after a few minutes eventually another young lady approached my table with a warm welcoming smile - I asked if it was k to sit here and she replied yes and would bring me a menu. So I waited for this whilst soaking up the beautiful surroundings of the restaurant. A group of four people started to arrive and was approached by the older lady who served drinks immediately after their arrival - the older lady now at the bar - looked in my direction and saw I needed a menu - she walked past my table and I had to get up from my table and ask if I too could have a menu please which she then gave to me but seemed that left her short for the group of four people - which was strange as she could quite clearly see me sitting opposite the bar waiting. Decided on what drink and food to have and again waited to place my order. Again the older lady walked straight past my table and took the group of fours order - which by now I'm getting quite frustrated being left behind and customers arriving after me getting served first and now really would like a drink and was thinking maybe it's time to leave - luckily the younger lady come back a few mins later and asked if I would like a drink - so delighted finally for my order to be taken - drink soon arrived and after tasting such a beautiful gin and tonic - my frustration eased only then to be told that my food choice of beef sizzlers was sold out - oh no was so looking forward to that dish but chose a similar one reluctantly -the food took some time to arrive - but that was fine as gave me time to enjoy my gin the chicken sizzler arrived - lovely and piping hot and tasted delicious - a choice I wouldn't of chosen but in the end overall a good choice to have. On settling the bill - the older lady started adding up the bill and asked me if I had a single or double gin - could of easily said a single but I'm a honest person and said I had a double - also couldn't resist taking home a bottle of gin and a few tonics - if it was not for that young waitress lady making me feel welcome then I would of walked out and this place would of lost a valuable customer who made quite expensive purchases {my choice}

Date of visit: April 2018
Gascoignes98, Owner at Haworth Steam Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hi. Firstly can i apologise on behalf of myself and the team including the lady in question for the poor service you received on your visit. We pride ourselves on 100% customer satisfaction and everyone of our customers whether they dine alone or in groups is important to us! As you can see from past reviews we are a friendly bunch ! I have mentioned this review to the team member concerned and she is most upset as she prides herself on exceptional customer service. After also speaking to the young lady who served you that we believe there was a mis-communication about who was meant to be looking after you and for this i can only apologise. As for your food choice not been available you will have noted we were extremely busy that lunchtime and everything is prepared fresh however I am glad you enjoyed the chicken sizzler ( a personal fave). I am also so glad you enjoyed our gins and tonics and thank you for your purchases to take home.
Once again myself and the team send their apologies and we hope if you are ever in the area again please pop in and see you and we will be sure to give you a right yorkshire welcome as it is what we normally do best! Thank You Kelly

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Called in for a few drinks Sunday evening, it was very busy, great atmosphere. Managed to get a seat. I sampled all their gins, enjoyed them all that much I went back the next morning to buy a bottle of each!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 24 March 2018

A really enjoyable surprise. Fresh homemade food, including British classics, steaks, Indian and Thai.
We had pakora starter, steak pie and mash, chicken and bacon burger all excellent. Washed down with some nice beers and rhubarb gin.
Pricing and Service was also really good.
Wish more places would try and produce fresh food like this rather the typical dreadful factory fodder.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Being local ive tried many eating out places. This one beats them all for quality good food/service/atmosphere and best value. The owner Kelly works her pants off to provide excellent service and fine detail to food dishes.
Steak comes with huge portion of chips.Huge homemade battered onion rings which would probably be 2 portions as an indian starter.(the works).
Drinks are very reasonablly priced.Very relaxing eating /drinking place to go.
Just call in for a social drink and see what i meen.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

It looks bigger when you look at pictures on the website. It is quite small and is very popular. You can just go in for drinks or even just for off-sales. They make some excellent gins and tonics. I bought a bottle of gin and one of each tonic. The marmalade tonic is amazing and I went back for lots more of those. Staff are friendly and efficient.