“Beautiful views ”

Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Haworth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Decided to go on a steam train ride today - approached the man at the ticket office - who appeared quite unhelpful and not very welcoming. Eventually received the ticket that suited my needs - a full one way round trip - climbed aboard the train (made that just in time no waiting) took my seat and off we headed - the train was very authentic and took you back in time - passed beautiful views of rivers, lush greenland and wooded areas - well worth a trip but no toilets aboard and unsure if I could disembark to use station toilets and didn't want to be left behind so crossed my legs for two hours and distracted myself with the beautiful surroundings - after disembarking a well needed visit was in order - also no refreshments on board.

1  Thank sash54
Write a ReviewReviews (1,302)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"branch line"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed our day at the KWVR. I really like steam trains but she is less keen. The route offered the opportunity to keep both of us amused. Getting the rover ticket is a must as the museums are very good and you struggle to see how you can get so much for the price of your ticket. The shops are very reasonable if you are looking for a souvenir. The inclusion of the station used to film the railway children is good for anybody interested in the film and a full bar on the train is a nice extra. For anybody fascinated by steam I highly recommend.

1  Thank Adam P
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Good day out for anyone who loves steam train's. Cafe in Oxenhope & at Keighley station, usually a buffet cart on the train.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the railway on a snowy Easter Bank holiday Monday and paid £40 for 2 adults and 1 child for an all line ticket. What a lot of wonderful things we did for £40! Within that cost we went on the train as many times as we wanted, visited 2 museums and an engine shed and got a free ride on a break van being shunted up and down Ingram yard! There was a lovely Easter Egg hunt on each station and at the end of spotting them all our daughter got a choc egg and then I was given one and she was given another on the guards van ride! Such lovely staff, helpful and jolly despite the freezing and soggy weather! Great engines, both steam, running and we can't find fault with your well run, well presented railway!

1  Thank Laura K
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

A lovely little railway with a good variety of things to see and trains to ride on with the added advantage of Keighley and Howarth to visit. Unavailability of shed access was a disappointment but not a significant one, the impressive (albeit non indigenous) U.S.A. S160 was a bonus. Pleasant day out and special thanks to the staffer who opened the museum at Oxenhope specially for us early arrivals.