“A welcome break on our afternoon stroll”
Review of Toby's Tea Room

Toby's Tea Room
Ranked #72 of 799 Restaurants in Bradford
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Toby's Tea Room, located next to the canal on the edge of a farm in Apperley Bridge, West Yorkshire is a beautiful, serene and exceptionally welcoming establishment that you rarely come across, and when you do, you'll definitely want to visit again.It's as well hidden as they come, but a true gem. Set in an old barn conversion with a decent sized outdoor terrace, Toby's provides a chilled out, relaxed environment with a fantastic menu selection, amazing staff and a truly unique tranquil setting.The staff are so friendly and professional, the food and drink exceptional, and the overall experience is really something you have to experience to believe - what a find !!!! thanks Toby's for providing this getaway from everyday life !!!
Reviewed 8 March 2015

The first spring day so far this year. Lovely sunny walk by the River Aire as the tow path by the canal was closed between Rodley and Apperley Bridge. Back on the canal path going towards Shipley we discovered Toby's Tearoom at Bottom farm stables. Plenty of outdoor seating and as it was the warmest day of the year so far everybody was out. We had tea and Illy coffee (my favourite) and shared a delicious chocolate brownie. The lunch menu sounded delicious. Good for dogs too with treats on the menu for them. We will visit again and go a bit further on the canal.

Reviewed 25 February 2015 via mobile

What a find on the Leeds Liverpool Canal from Apperley Bridge towards Shipley food and drinks are excellent at this dog friendly tea room with inside and outside seating stunning views of wildlife on the canal and in the surrounding fields well worth a visit winter or summer check for opening days before you go.

Reviewed 17 December 2014

Visiting family in Apperley Bridge last Sunday I took my dog for a walk down the canal, very pleased to find Toby's tea room still open as it was raining & cold, I was happy to be allowed to take my dog inside and was even more amazed to find a doggy menu. We had a delicious hot chocolate & lovely home baked cake & the pooch was treated to a pigs ear from the menu. The staff were very polite & the service was pretty quick My first visit here but definitely not my last. A gem of a place that helped to make a wet cold walk on a Sunday afternoon a pleasure.

Reviewed 23 November 2014

We visited Toby's tea room this morning. We both ordered a cooked breakfast (which at £8.25 is fairly pricey) it comes with a pot of tea, but as neither of us drink tea I asked if we could have coffee instead.I was extremely disappointed to find out that I had to pay extra for coffee, even just a normal filter coffee. Initially the waitress wanted to charge me full price for both but when I queried it they agreed to knock a pound off. So for two breakfasts and two drinks we paid £19.60 just because we don't like tea. We would have paid £16.50 otherwise which feels unfair. It would be nice to have an option of a breakfast that comes with coffee. When the food arrived it was very nice but I probably wouldn't visit again due to having to pay a premium as a non tea drinker.

Reviewed 12 November 2014

Beautiful setting, a short walk from Apperley Bridge along the canal

Great food, great coffee and the homemade cakes are delicious! (especially the gooey chocolate brownie!)

Staff are friendly and attentive, all round good atmosphere inside and out