“Well worth a visit”
Review of Bolling Hall

Bolling Hall
Ranked #10 of 67 things to do in Bradford
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Excellent museum; free entry; knowledgeable and friendly staff; excellent but dated video about Bradford and the changes that have taken place. Well worth a visit and an easy walk down hill back into Bradford city centre

1  Thank timsheppard1
in 19 reviews
"domesday book"
"interesting rooms"
in 3 reviews
"middle of a housing estate"
"ghost stories"
"free entry"
in 6 reviews
"great history"

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Bolling Hall is a real gem.Going back to the civil war and beyond it tells the history of the house and estate once the seat of 2 important families.
The rooms are furnished to give an accurate taste of life at different periods of the house's history.There is a library housed in the museum and ghostly appearances are said to occur.

1  Thank bradfordgirl5
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I visited Bolling Hall on a whim-and am so pleased I did. It was a cold January afternoon, and I followed the signs to Bolling Hall, as I wasn't in any rush to be anywhere in particular. The Hall is in the middle of a housing estate, I arrived and parked in a large carpark to the rear of the Hall. My grandchildren love ruins and I am delighted to say there are some ruined walls that can be explored as you walk towards the back of the house. Following the path I was welcomed by two staff members in a small reception/shop/coffee area. One staff member was in costume and speaking with some children that had just arrived. I went through into what use to be the main kitchen and was greeted by a third member of staff who offered me a floor guide. I had a full hour of wondering around looking at décor and collections from different periods over the last five hundred years. There were dressing up clothes for kids, displays of personal items, pictures, furniture, local history stories and the consistent expectation that I might just see a ghost. I didn't see one, but was treated to a couple of stories from a member of staff in shop-he really did bring the house alive with stories of visitors being welcomed by people that had worked at the hall and were no any longer with us, and hearing children laughing and singing in stairs, only to go upstairs and not find any children there . On my way out I was happy to donate a few pounds and buy the brochure about the hall. I can't help but think Bradford is missing a trick with this place-I'll be paying another visit soon. This time in the summer, just so I can see what the gardens look like.

5  Thank 1967Mum
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

The venue is stunning and the staff are really nice and helpful. I run a Paranormal Team and we are booking Bolling Hall for an event next year. To say I am excited is an understatement. The Hall is well presented and beautiful. Full of history and takes you back. Definitely worth a visit!