“A young man to watch!”

Crouchers Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 257 Restaurants in Chichester
Price range: USD 59 - USD 63
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is an ideal place to entertain and enjoy a relaxed meal, or for a special ocassions. •Characterful oaked beamed restaurant with views over open countyrside. •Award winning Cuisine, AA 2 Rosettes for food excellence •Local ingredients and seasonal dishes •Open to the public lunch and dinner •Private dining for up to 22 guests in the conservatory and Garden room •Open for functions and parties up to 110 guests •Two course lunch for £12.50, Monday to Saturday •Ala carte and set menu for dinner, from 21.50 for three courses •Sunday lunch a speciality 18.50 for two courses and 21.50 for three courses Our wine list has carefully selected wines from regions all over the world. There are great South African wines on the list a personal touch of the proprietors. However dont let us tempt you away from the other excellent and traditional wines. •Stylish bar with a relaxed and luxurious atmosphere •Many wines by the glass and champagne •Cocktails •Free bar snacks on Fridays , cocktails £4.00 4pm to 7pm •Also available for Champagne receptions and canape parties
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

A party of seven, all generations, and all raving about the food. I had the peppered tuna loin to start and tried my partners scallops. Then it was on to the Beef Wellington, two huge slices and cooked to perfection. We gorged on the desserts and the chef came out to say hello. I was amazed. Craig can only be in his twenties but so much at the top of his game already. One to watch, especially if he gets his own place in the years to come.

2  Thank jevvy

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Service was good. Lovely Restaurant, plenty of parking & the food has always been good to excellent. Just a little less Truffle oil in the dishes

1  Thank scarabbeetle9
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Repeat visit to Crouchers restaurant never disappointed lunch was wonderful inexpensive for the quality of food.
Staff attentive and wine list superb.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

We had high expectations from this restaurant but we were very disappointed.
We were a party of 4 and the restaurant wasn't particularly busy with quite a few empty tables.
After we were seated we waited a long time for someone to come and take our drink order in the end we had to ask someone to come over to take it after about 15 minutes of waiting!
I ordered the Breast of Wood Pigeon for starters (£8.50) and when it arrived it was 2 round pieces of about 1" Not a breast!
We ordered a bottle of wine (£23) which was poured for us and the remainder was left in a Ice bucket out of reach for us to help ourselves to a topup (which we needed to do as the service was virtually non existent) so we went and brought the bucket nearer so we could pour it ourselves.
Then I had my Main course which was Belly of Pork with scallops (£24) I had 2 scallops and 2 pieces of pork 2x1" in size, one piece was quite nice the other was very dry and quite hard to swallow,
My friend had the Beef wellington and the Beef was very well done and also dry.
we didnt bother with the desert so paid our bill and left.
Unfortunately needless to say we wont be returning.

4  Thank Reeflodge
Reviewed 1 August 2016

This is not the first time that we have visited Crouchers Hotel and Restaurant and are always delighted at the way that they manage to maintain their high standards. The location is great, the ambiance excellent, the food and service superb - what more can I say. Unfortunately I live in West Midlands and generally only visit the area once a year, severely limiting the opportunity to dine at this exceptional restaurant, however when I do I am never let down.