1,477 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

I would describe this venue as equivalent to a 2* Greek hotel, but without the warm welcome. The 6th floor double room had beaten up furniture, windows with gaps in, covered by grubby net curtains. The tiny tv sat on a small table in the corner not visible from the bed. Not their fault, but the city centre seems like one large building site with pile drivers noise from early morning. Breakers was good with polite staff. The cost at £120 was excessive. Would suggest one stays in a pleasant riverside hotel just out of the city, and taxi in.

Recommend the Old Windmill 15th century pub in the city, then by a take out beer and across the road to My Dhabba Asian restaurant (no alcohol on sale but no charge for bring your own) for a really lush good value meal.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2017

booked online in advance, clean tidy rooms, yes the hotel is a bit "tired" in places, its 3 star! Overall for the £43, I paid for a twin room in the city center it was good value. The Breakfast, however, was not worth the £7.00 upgrade, several fast food outlets locally :)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2017

This is an aging hotel with old decor with fixtures and fittings coming off of the walls. It is very close to the city centre and easy walking distance to lots of decent restaurants. There is no parking at the hotel, closest parking public car park under flyover. It's £1.00 overnight but hide valuables as it's not secure and dark at night. I had a twin room, small beds, uncomfortable mattress and pillows. Tiny tv and kettle supplied. Both bedroom and bathroom in urgent need of updating. Very hot room with no aircon. Left window open but extremely noisy outside. Breakfast was ok but restaurant also needing updating and the internal ornamental fountain needs removing. No frills food but acceptable for a breakfast. No fancy cofffee machine just a water boiler, tea bags and coffee sachets. No early morning smiles from the waiter. For the £85 it cost I would not stay at this hotel again. It is old and tired and a visit with a wrecking ball is long overdue.

Room Tip: If you want a decent room choose a different hotel
Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2017

We stayed here for one night on a national holidays trip and I was pleasantly surprised. It is easy to find and close to the shops, transport museum and bus station.
The woman on reception could have been friendlier but she was trying to get through a coach load of people. Our room was on the 3rd floor and seemed clean when we got inside, on closer inspection the toilet cistern could have done with a wipe over, it was thick with dust and there was what seemed to be a large, dried on smear of ketchup across the window, do Britannia hotels never clean their windows. The desk looked like it was in danger of collapsing if any weight were put on it. Toiletries were supplied, soap, hand lotion and hair and body shampoo, the towels were clean as was rather bedding.
Evening meal was tasty and breakfast was okay although the bacon was a little tough.
The window in the bar was so dirty that we actually wrote our names in the dirt.
I would stay here again but it would be better if a little more care was taken with the cleaning and some of the furniture were replaced,

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We had to stay in Coventry as a close family member was in hospital there. Brittania hotel was in a great location, being opposite the bus station, and adjacent to pubs, restaurants and town centre.
The first experience of the hotel was being checked in by an unpleasant woman (Angela), who took offence to us being early, even though we were happy to just leave our bags and come back.
The room we were given on the 7th floor was soul destroyingly awful. Cheap pine furniture stained and worn out, separate toilet was just a tiny room with no ventilation. Curtains did not fit properly and were falling down. The bed was poorly made and rock hard. The whole room was very grubby.
After the first night, I asked in reception if I could change rooms, as my trip was upsetting enough, without being in such depressing surroundings. The lovely Javin (sorry if thats wrong) was fantastic, changed me to a much better room straight away, with no hesitation. I had to keep extending the stay, as my sick relative was kept in hospital, and because of the location, I chose to stay in this hotel, if it wasn't for that and Javin, I would have run a mile.
We were given a discounted night and late check out, due to our room not being serviced, but Angela would not let us have the late check out without paying extra.
Additionally, only 2 of the lifts worked, and the decor was very grubby. I would not rate this hotel as more than 2 stars.
She really lets down the whole front desk team, without who, the hotel probably not have any guests.

Stayed: November 2017