1,490 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 November 2017

We stayed here for one night on a national holidays trip and I was pleasantly surprised. It is easy to find and close to the shops, transport museum and bus station.
The woman on reception could have been friendlier but she was trying to get through a coach load of people. Our room was on the 3rd floor and seemed clean when we got inside, on closer inspection the toilet cistern could have done with a wipe over, it was thick with dust and there was what seemed to be a large, dried on smear of ketchup across the window, do Britannia hotels never clean their windows. The desk looked like it was in danger of collapsing if any weight were put on it. Toiletries were supplied, soap, hand lotion and hair and body shampoo, the towels were clean as was rather bedding.
Evening meal was tasty and breakfast was okay although the bacon was a little tough.
The window in the bar was so dirty that we actually wrote our names in the dirt.
I would stay here again but it would be better if a little more care was taken with the cleaning and some of the furniture were replaced,

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We had to stay in Coventry as a close family member was in hospital there. Brittania hotel was in a great location, being opposite the bus station, and adjacent to pubs, restaurants and town centre.
The first experience of the hotel was being checked in by an unpleasant woman (Angela), who took offence to us being early, even though we were happy to just leave our bags and come back.
The room we were given on the 7th floor was soul destroyingly awful. Cheap pine furniture stained and worn out, separate toilet was just a tiny room with no ventilation. Curtains did not fit properly and were falling down. The bed was poorly made and rock hard. The whole room was very grubby.
After the first night, I asked in reception if I could change rooms, as my trip was upsetting enough, without being in such depressing surroundings. The lovely Javin (sorry if thats wrong) was fantastic, changed me to a much better room straight away, with no hesitation. I had to keep extending the stay, as my sick relative was kept in hospital, and because of the location, I chose to stay in this hotel, if it wasn't for that and Javin, I would have run a mile.
We were given a discounted night and late check out, due to our room not being serviced, but Angela would not let us have the late check out without paying extra.
Additionally, only 2 of the lifts worked, and the decor was very grubby. I would not rate this hotel as more than 2 stars.
She really lets down the whole front desk team, without who, the hotel probably not have any guests.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Tone3103
Reviewed 14 November 2017

stayed for three nights with majestic coach tours.i read reviews before we left and I was concerned,however on arrival I had nothing to worry about.quick easy check in room very clean towels changed everyday and beds made and room cleaned everyday.meals were of a very good standard with plenty of choice both for breakfast and evening meal.staff very quick and spot on.i would like to thank Bernie for his friendly chats and was a credit to the hotel.we as a group of four had a great time from start to finish thanks very much all of you.

Room Tip: stayed on 4th floor was ok
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Before we stayed in the hotel I read the reviews and they were all awful but me and my wife always say you got to try it for yourself first. I can’t understand what all the bad reviews are about ok the rooms are a bit dated but however they are still clean and tidy. Food was lovely and the staff we’re very friendly and entertainment was good as well. The hotel manager was very helpful every time we asked him anything thank you Bernie we will definitely stay here again

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I travel a lot with my job and up until now have had great experiences. This hotel .. If you can call it that is dire! Firstly, I couldn't find the car park so called up- no help so after an hour of driving around I finally got to check in. The receptionist was less than friendly but I got my key and went to my room. I felt like crying it was dirty and the carpets were threadbare. No wifi or facilities apart from a kettle, trouser press and small Tv on a table. I cannot describe how the whole experience has made me feel I kept my socks on so as not to have to put my feet on the floor. I opted to add breakfast - big mistake as my coffee cup was stained and it was virtually inedible. My company were charged the same as when I stay in the Jury's or Premier Inn which are fantastic. This hotel needs investment and some staff training. In summary a I would rather have stayed in a student house.. Cleaner and wouldn't rip me off. I will be reporting it to my Company as no one deserves that! DON'T BOOK!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business