“You know what you're gonna get don't you?”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #1,718 of 2,483 Restaurants in Birmingham
Description: Our restaurant in Birmingham Resorts World (NEC) is located near the Genting Arena (Formally the LG Arena), Birmingham Airport and Birmingham International Train Station. Just off Junction 6 M42.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Me and my squad went here on a Sunday evening after working at the NEC, it was pretty decent to be fair. I got a code off of their website for a starter and main course for £10.45 each which is good, 1 code worked for all 5 of us so that's ace.

The starters were limited to 3 choices though, the website didn't really explain that properly. I got myself hyped up for the Calimari and then when I tried to order it my dreams were crushed like the Undertaker tombstoning me at Wrestlemania, but all good. I had the mozzarella and tomato salad which was actually really good.

I'm not really eating pizza at the moment so I had this chicken pesto pasta dish and man alive, it was a sweet as a nut. The dishes I had went well together, I felt full afterwards and I felt good

The wait was only about 15 mins on a busy day at the NEC and the service was decent. Drinks on tap were Thatchers which I'm mad for and some of the others had a tasty Peroni. The drinks are fairly pricey obviously so even though we cashed in some savings on the food, our drinks still came to a nice tally but we were aware of that before anyway.

Thanks all!

1  Thank Jerry_Hughes

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Strange system, tried to book a table but refused and queuing system left a lot to be desired...no rationale some got in others turned away and to.d to come back...

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

A good visit. Pizza as you would expect it to be. Salad was a bit small. We both had vegan giadianer on thin base. Yum. Good service.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We use this venue for a quick meal before a concert. There is usually a queue but it moves quickly and they also offer a ring you service if the wait is more than 30 mins....allowing you to go for a drink elsewhere or shop!
The staff are always lovely, very helpful, service is prompt and the food so far has been just what we wanted.
We were served by Rory last night who didn't make us feel rushed, checked to see we had everything we wanted, apologised for anything that wasn't currently available (a rush of superfood salad had happened!) and was happy to check the validity of the voucher we had ...all in all really helpful.
This isn't fine dining, its quick tasty food prepared by a team of smiling individuals and served by an enthusiastic bunch. We will be back the next time we visit Resorts World

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I went here recently with a couple of workmates as we were here on business.

We tried to get in on the Monday evening but were told rudely by an obviously stressed and surly waitress there was a minimum 30 minute wait and that they was only one person serving and a couple of people in the kitchen. We decided to try our luck elsewhere but in the meantime I popped back to book us a table for the next day. When I went back, I waited for a good few minutes to be helped and then with a look of exasperation the same waitress returned to “help” so I asked to book a table for a specified time and amount of people for the following evening.

We returned the following evening and it seemed a lot less stressful and harassed there thank goodness.

We were seated in a booth but it took a while to be asked for our orders particularly our drink order and then as one of our party nipped to the loo, it took longer. When it was time, the waitress was very sweet but must’ve been new as it took two explanations and then us checking to ensure our order was taken correctly. Her colleague even had to return to make sure the right order was written down. It wasn’t. Similar happened with the food order.

Our food came fairly quickly and although nice, the base was quite burnt. The waitress came early a couple of times to try to take away plates when we were clearly still not finished. When we were and she came again, she quite abruptly said to me “can you pass your plate”. We were all quite taken aback and again hoped that swift and decent customer service training was soon to be on the agenda.

Not sure I’d recommend a visit here especially when in a rush and if you care about customer service.